on 24-12-2019 11:49 - last edited on 24-12-2019 11:50 by Martin-O2
Hey everyone, it's Christmas Eve! How did that happen? It feels like the year has flown in... who's with me?
So the day before the big one, do you have any typical or non-typical family traditions? I've included some below that I either do myself, or have heard from others:
- Christmas movies from morning to night. This is something i tend to find myself doing each year. My favourites are: Jingle All The Way, Polar Express and The Grinch
- No microwave dinners... I make sure to set aside the time for a home cooked meal to set us up nicely for the turkey coma that follows tomorrow... Usually beef stew and dumplings.
- One present on Christmas Eve? Not one i do, but seems popular that families will all open one gift each to help curb the excitement
- Got kids or grandkids and go the extra mile after they go to sleep with milk and cookies/carrots, dusted snow footprints and other santa clues?
- When i was younger... A long time ago, unfortunately... I used to drink a lot before bed to force me to wake up after midnight, which by then I'll usually have had a stocking made up for me, hanging on my door - i loved my little stockings!
on 24-12-2019 12:18
Nothing special @Chris_K
I wont be eating anything special tonight as there are two days when we will be gorging ourselves. I don't want to spend the time with indigestion
Just generally chilling out. Both my lads are with their own families tonight, my grandson is driving back from Luton (god help him) and my granddaughter will be tracking Santa's route via Norad.
As you get older, you have done all the usual traditional things on Christmas eve, so it is nice to just do what you like without having to think of everything else.
on 24-12-2019 12:30
Nothing special here apart from the annual trip to the pub to watch people pretending to enjoy the night before Christmas. Sometimes a trip in the afternoon to a dfferent pub to watch the annual work parties too.
That is about as good as this Christmas will get.
on 24-12-2019 12:38
on 24-12-2019 14:40
No traditions. Sometimes prepare veg for tomorrow.
I agree 2019 seemed to fly by.
Today is fantastic sunny very pleasant.