Did you mean: 

Documentary suggestions

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey guys, 

I love to watch documentaries or docuseries, but lately I've found it more and more difficult to decide which one to watch next. I was hoping you might be able to help with that ... nerd

Just for context, I'm usually quite interested in true crime, nature-related, or societal documentaries. Howver, I've watched all kinds so although those are my go-tos don't feel like you have to limit your suggestions to these themes! Anything on Netflix, Amazon Prime or Youtube would be best, as these are the streaming services I have access to.

A few of the ones I've recently watched ⬇️

More info
Making a Murderer, The Staircase, Wild wild country, Planet Earth, Evil genius, Behind the curve, Frozen Planet, 7 Days out, Dogs, most of Louis Theroux's work.

Looking forward to your suggestions! 

Thanks!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
The new f1 doc on Netflix if you into that
Message 11 of 26

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I'm not a great watcher of documentaries, apart from anything David Attenborough does. But 2 crime documentaries I did enjoy @EmilieT were Sins and Secrets that focusses on both the crime and the community in which the crime takes place. And Behind Mansion Walls which deals with crimes of the rich and famous. I don't know if either are on Netflix or Prime, though.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I'll just change the title back.....wink

Methinks ^^^^ someone made the same mistake as me last week, by posting on the wrong board. SpacedLOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It's that new phone tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Or the after effects of that Spanish Feast smiling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 26

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff  @liggerz87  If you have/once you have watched the F1 documentary, can you please let me know how good and accessible it is? I'd happily give it a go but my knowledge is rather poor on the subject ... 

@Marjo  Thanks for the suggestion, it sounds really interesting althoguh definitely not something to watch while having dinner joy

@Glory1  Ooooh I like the sound of those, I'll check Prime and Netflix to see if they're there and bookmark them. Thanks!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 16 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@EmilieT 

I've seen most of the episodes.

For fans of F1 it gives you a great insight into the sport. From the build of the car, to racedays and behind the scenes on the pit wall.

The two lead teams (Mercedes and Ferrari) refused to take part due to 'commitments'

However, that was a good thing as I have a feeling the series would have been dominated by them.

It gives people an opportunity to see behind the scenes and on track action from all the other teams.

It's well made and incorporates an awful lot of drama. I loved it....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 26

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That sounds really interesting @Cleoriff , it's on my list now so I'll definitely give it a go at some point! I love learning about new things in documentaries so that should be a good one.

I watched Take you Pills last night, thanks again @gmarkj for the suggestion! I'm going to finish the second part of Follow This, a docuseries following Buzzfeed reporters researching all kind of stories, and then move on to some of the other suggestions everyone's shared so far. slight_smile

signature

Message 18 of 26

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
The f1 doc was good only thing I hated was voices to low n cars was to loud other than that it was brilliant
Message 19 of 26

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Also on season 6 of supernatural
Message 20 of 26