Did you mean: 

Do you use streaming services?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

We're halfway through the week and with the bank holiday weekend approaching I was wondering how you all kept yourselves busy - more specifically in terms of streaming services you might use nerd

I myself use Netflix & Amazon Prime for movies and shows, and Spotify for music. However I know there are so many more out there, some I don't know anything about at all!

So which streaming services do you use to listen to music, and to watch movies/shows? Do you use any at all? Maybe you've tried a few and can share some insights as to why you prefer one to the other? 

Do you use them on your mobile or PC/TV?

On Wi-Fi or Mobile data?

What do you think of the quality?

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 12.05.24.png

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Used to have NowTV but sadly came to a point where I'd watched what I wanted and the new additions were a bit 'meh'. That and we got Sky Movies via a shared subscription so that killed NowTV in our house!

Otherwise its Netflix for me and thats about it bar youtube. I've mentioned before I use Netflix over 4G through my network on a CRT TV (it won't die even after 17 years!) via a YouView box. SD quality is perfect enough especially as half the stuff I watch is animation so no need to do have it at HD quality.

Rarely use iPlayer and won't use music streaming services as there is a limit to how much time I have for entertainment in between sleeping and turning up for work!

Message 11 of 17

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

..cd - which included https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7eul_Vt6SZY

The 90's had such great music. Sadly that wasn't in the decades 'best of'. Ever. tongue_winking

I had an external SCSI CDRW (Yamaha I recall). Sadly sold it on years ago as it was just gaining dust. Oddly, I've built a media system using a Rasperry Pi/Kodi and a DVD drive as an experiment that fitted in the same case. And gaining dust.....rofl

Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently have Prime (I joined initially to watch The Grand Tour), Netflix (Really enjoying Designated Survivor and also liked Jessica Jones as I can't get enough of the eye candy that is Krysten Ritter)

Also have the NowTV Entertainment pack (Enjoy watching Last Week Tonight and Real Time with Bill Maher as well as Tanked) but just cancelled off the movie pack as just about to come off a retention deal and it isn't worth £9.99 IMHO)

Streaming all this through a Roku TV stick connected via Wi-fi to a 39.5 Mbps FTTP connection which means I can watch stuff in 1080p.

Message 13 of 17

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@sheepdog seems to have had the experience with NowTV than me but it'd be great if you do give it a go to let me know what you think of it, cheers @MI5

@Glory1 I had a look at the mobile games thread and my oh my astonished My Kindle has only been used for reading so far but it sounds like I'm missing on some of its key uses.

Both the show you mentioned I watched and really liked, @Anonymous! I'm a bit behind on Designated Survivor but over the moon Jessica Jones was renewed for a third season. Some of the Netflix Original documentaries are also fantastic, one more reason for me to keep on using the service slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 14 of 17

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

It depends what Kindle you have @EmilieT and which generation it is, as to how much you can do.

On my Kindle Fire I have downloaded tracks (all purchased through Amazon Music so stored in the Cloud as well as on my phone), stream Prime and catch-up services, download and play games, even log on to the forum and, of course, read 😊

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 15 of 17

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I wouldn't be able to say which version I have @Glory1, but I'll check when I get home! I had no idea it could be used to stream Amazon Prime and other services, sounds like I need to do some more research... One more way to catch-up on my shows hopefully wink

signature

Message 16 of 17

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Aloha grin

I use Amazon prime on my Fire TV Stick (livingroom) and Fire TV (sleepingroom).

Aswell as Spotify for my music (amazon music is ok too tho)

As prime and netflix have almost the same series here I don't use it (but could use the one from a friend if needed) - and bc I use prime itself for ordering since they put the minimum-price higher it's included..

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 17 of 17