Did you mean: 

Do you use streaming services?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

We're halfway through the week and with the bank holiday weekend approaching I was wondering how you all kept yourselves busy - more specifically in terms of streaming services you might use nerd

I myself use Netflix & Amazon Prime for movies and shows, and Spotify for music. However I know there are so many more out there, some I don't know anything about at all!

So which streaming services do you use to listen to music, and to watch movies/shows? Do you use any at all? Maybe you've tried a few and can share some insights as to why you prefer one to the other? 

Do you use them on your mobile or PC/TV?

On Wi-Fi or Mobile data?

What do you think of the quality?

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 12.05.24.png

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I'm the same as you (and many others I expect), it's Netflix, Amazon Prime and Spotify.
I'm looking into Now TV with a view to reducing my Sky subscription but just getting rid of movies isn't quite so easy as I'm on an old package so I'd lose quite a lot to change without much price benefit.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@EmilieTFor me it's just Amazon Prime. We did have a free trial of Netflix but we never renewed it.

My husband uses a website converter to download YouTube tracks to MP3 files.

If I want music I just give him a list and it's done...innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I remembet downloading some mp3 songs for the first time in 1998 to burn onto a CD-R on my SCSI cd burner/coaster maker. It took ages. Like a whole day. Tho I did end up with a playable on a cd player, cd - which included https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7eul_Vt6SZY

I bet the music industry big wigs who green lighted the sale of CDs basically reselling what people already owned never forsaw the ultimate consequences. 

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and Google Play Music but my own library and a home NAS to stream Hi Res. +  Google Books.

I have Netflix on three's go binge, on a phone, the quality is pretty good.

Smart TV to watch Netflix,  BBC iPlayer ect on wifi but am ditching Sky cos of rising cost and 15-20 minuite advertising every broadcast hour, apart from on movies, and bbc - but it won't be long.

And as Sky 4k is compressed.

Don't use Amazon, Spotify or iTunes or any of the rest.

Message 5 of 17

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Personally I only ever aycliffe Sky Sports and sometimes Netflix. I don't get out much. I do have the Amazon Firestick for the TV so I've sideloaded the Mobdro app which means I can watch anything on the TV now 😃

Message 6 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Personally I only ever aycliffe Sky Sports and sometimes Netflix. I don't get out much. I do have the Amazon Firestick for the TV so I've sideloaded the Mobdro app which means I can watch anything on the TV now 😃

Totally forgot Mobdro. Use that a lot for films etc. Both sons have Android Wifi boxes. I had one in my apartment in Spain and  could watch more on that via streaming, than I can on a normal TV. I also have Mobdro on my phone,Tablet and PC...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 17

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 I had NowTV for a few months at some point but I found that the selection at the time didn't match what I wanted in terms of content, not as much as Amazon Prime or Netflix at least. This was about two years back though so if you do go for it now, I'd be very interested to know how it compares to what we both use at the moment smiley

@Cleoriff I've only started really using Amazon Prime videos recently, and I'm finding more and more I'm eager to wacth which is great! The Good Wife for example is what I'm on at the moment (thanks @Glory1 & @Anonymous for recommending it so much).

@jonsie The Amazon Fire Stick ... heard about it around but never really looked into it. How are you liking it?

@Anonymous I used GooglePlay Music for a while, and I still think of it fondly even though Spotify works better for me smiling  Definitely need some music on our commute, one way or the other! music

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

I’m undecided @Anonymous mainly for the reasons you mention. 

I may trial it and let you know how I get on if I do. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 17

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I only use Amazon Prime @EmilieT. For music I prefer to download songs to my phone. I use less data overall that way which gets used up in my gaming. Just ask @Marjo what I'm like for games on my phone and Kindle. I'm sure she'll tell you when she stops laughing 😂🤣

And so glad you're enjoying the Good Wife. You'll enjoy The Good Fight too.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 10 of 17