Did you mean: 

Community Recap: March 2021

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

recap-march.jpgHey guys,

what a month this has been. So much happened on the O2 Community and once you read our list you will know what we are talking about. You guys have been busy and to honour this we do a monthly recap.

Below is just a sample of all the content we had on here. And it is all because of you.

It's not too late to take part in any of the below conversations if you missed them earlier, and feel free to drop a note below on what topics were your favourites from March.

📝 AMAZING CONTENT CREATED BY YOU

The Games

The White Room Quiz by @Mi-Amigo 

The WRQ is part of the Community as phones need sim cards. You can join the fun twice a week. But in March we had a special April Fools Version.

Word Hunt Diamond 

If you are a wordsmith check out this game. Every week you have the chance to unscramble the letter mess. This month we had a special 50th anniversary…

International Day of Happiness - Emoji Quiz

You love emojis? We have game for you to join. Check out this months quiz all about comedy movies..

The Laughs

Wednesday's Laugh by @Bambino 

You need a mid-week pick up? The community has you covered. On Wednesdays we share a laugh and in March we shared four

Happiest Place On Earth

What is the happiest country on this Planet? Find out here. Spoiler alert… it is not the UK…

Beware The Ides Of March

Granted the ides of March did not exactly happen this March but never the less - this was hilarious…

Tuesday Titters... by @pgn 

On the community we don’t just do one day of laughs. After a busy Monday be prepared for some fun on Tuesdays too…

The Talents

Drumming for the O2 community by @liggerz87 

One of our members seems to be working on a Community soundtrack, we can only support this. Look at the drumming skills. The only thing we aren’t sure about? This might be a Ratatouille situation and someone else playing those drums.

POETRY CORNER by @Pennywren 

If you are into the finer things in life and poetry then this is the place to go...

The Discussions

Earth Hour 🌎

This annual event is held globally to remind people of the importance of our planet through encouraging individuals, communities and businesses to turn off their lights for one hour in support of nature and as a commitment to our planet.

Movies in March

So if it is one thing we all love it is movies. Not only did we have our Monthly Movie Thread with all the films you should watch but it has also become very obvious that super hero are your absolute favourites. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier discussion thread is for the super fans. It does not stop there though. Did you see the Wanda Vision finale? Share your thoughts.

The Events

BST Begins This Weekend

Yours truly @Cleoriff is here for the service announcements. Don’t forget to change your clocks…

Happy St Patrick's Day

It’s not easy being green, unless it is St Patricks Day…

Happy Mother’s Day!

Yes, this was in March. We honoured the most special women in our lives and if you missed it, you should have browsed the Community a bit more…

World Wildlife Day 🐋

It was World Wildlife Day! And one of our favourite ways to celebrate the spectacular world outside our doorstep is through nature photography competitions such as ‘Wildlife Photographer of the Year’.

The Goodbyes

No month without a bit of sad news. Unfortunately we also lost some people in March. Share your tributes below:

RIP George Segal

RIP Sabine Schmitz by @MI5 

RIP Yaphet Kotto

RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler by @Anonymous 

RIP Murray Walker

🆕 NEWS, UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS 

What Is NEW?

High tech. Low monthly prices.

O2 has announced a trio of new offerings for consumers, including giving customers on any network the option to buy the latest tech at low monthly prices, without any airtime contract and with more monthly payment options for affordability. O2 has also launched a new offering with Apple Music giving up to six months access to the music service on some of the latest tech and new mobile tariffs – making now a great time to be on O2.

Today is Global Recycling Day

It's a day organised by The Global Recycling Foundation to bring attention to recycling and alert world leaders that a joined up approach to recycling is urgently needed.

Google accessibility apps

Google has a wide range of accessibility apps available on the Play Store which can be used by those with various disabilities to make life easier allow them to take advantage of the full functionality of their mobile devices.... 

Community Calling - Plugging the digital divide

O2 has launched a national campaign to highlight the UK's digital divide, with seven million people still unable to access a web-connected device.

New and coming to Disney+ this March

Do you have Disney+? Then you should read this thread. Everything that will be coming to the platform in the future.

New Product Launches

Samsung Galaxy A52 5G Launched

5G without breaking the bank? No problem. O2 has your back.

The threads above are just a small selection of the great content posted last month. Let us know your highlights from March below! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Excellent roundup, @LukasB - some stuff there I missed, some I had forgotten 🤠

Message 2 of 19

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Always here to help @pgn joy

I have to say that even I had missed someof it

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 19

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @LukasB for a very interesting Community Recap for March 2021.

There was certainly something for everyone during the month and thank you for the mention of the White Room Quiz and Word Hunt Diamond, which it has been a privilege and honour to organise and run.

I would like to add one other topic which deserves mention:

POETRY CORNER - started by @Pennywren who continues to post her wonderful and beautiful poems for us all to read; and to which other members have added their own compositions. Well worth a look at. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 19

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

good shout @Mi-Amigo 

signature

Message 5 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

There was also a lot of content for Easter week @LukasB

As well as @Mi-Amigo's great quizzes we had....

@TallTreeswith her Easter Menu,

@TheresaVwith her Word Unscramble

@LukasBwith the long awaited lamb cake

Not forgetting the 1 sentence April Fool's Story, proving yet again what a bunch of funny weird people we have on here.... all with the most vivid imaginations.  rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 19

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

There was also a lot of content for Easter week @LukasB

As well as @Mi-Amigo's great quizzes we had....

@TallTreeswith her Easter Menu,

@TheresaVwith her Word Unscramble

@LukasBwith the long awaited lamb cake

Not forgetting the 1 sentence April Fool's Story, proving yet again what a bunch of funny weird people we have on here.... all with the most vivid imaginations.  rofl

Well noted @Cleoriff 

How could anyone forget the fun we had during Easter Week on the Community which began on 31st March, with the contents you mentioned including your One Sentence April Fool Story to which I had the chance of contributing my weird sense of humour and the contributions of other had me laughing out loud... For those who missed it, the full One Sentence April Fool Story is here 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Or with hindsight, maybe that will fit nicely into April recap @Mi-Amigo 

One month has pretty much been the same with lockdown....rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 19

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I think that's why it's missing from this one @Cleoriff because most of it was in April! But now we can look forward to the next recap, remembering Easter Week and the glorious things you all did for it! 

signature

Message 9 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I think that's why it's missing from this one @Cleoriff because most of it was in April! But now we can look forward to the next recap, remembering Easter Week and the glorious things you all did for it! 

Yes I jumped the gun a bit @TheresaV ...probably due to some things starting on the 31st etc. Ignore me. I'm sure my brain will get back into gear soon... LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 19