Happy Mother’s Day!

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

bruno-nascimento-eo11MS0FSnk-unsplash.jpg

Hello everyone!

We wanted to wish all mothers, grandmothers, great-grandmothers and also those who are not mothers but are like a mother, sister or close friend to someone, who helped shaped and raise us, a very happy Mother’s Day! rose

“A mother is the one who fills your heart in the first place.” - Amy Tan

Growing up, my mum never liked Mother’s Day and she never wanted us to give her anything. She thought that mums should be appreciated all year around (which is very true!), showing love through the little daily things and small surprises. This is why I never used to give my mum anything for Mother’s Day, but instead aimed for random dates throughout the year to send her a little something, especially ever since I moved abroad. However, lately she does give in when we get her an extra big bunch of flowers for Mother’s Day wink

Do you have a special memory of your Mum or someone that is like a mother to you? How do you show your appreciation to them?

I for least hope you all enjoy an extra load of sunshine today knowing that you are loved and appreciated! heart

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

My Mum was similar to yours @TheresaV 

Our family have never really been into giving presents, she used to say save your money as flower prices are extortionate for mothers day.

However, a card with a lovely verse was much appreciated.

Now, I'm the same with my sons.

Although I love flowers, I tell them to save THEIR money and just get me a nice card.

They are so different. My youngest son takes me at my word for that edict and rarely buys me flowers, although I always have a lovely card. The eldest totally ignores me and always rocks up with masses of flowers and a card. kissing_heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I miss mom and the boy's miss their mom.

Awful day for us but best wishes to all the mothers out there heart

Message 3 of 6

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Aww that's so sweet @Cleoriff heart_eyes It actually is even nicer when you don't expect it at all. Last year me and my brother both ordered flowers to my mum's house and because she never wanted any and never before received any from my brother, she actually turned the postman away thinking they weren't for her sweat_smile At least she had mine though in the end!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 4 of 6

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I miss mom and the boy's miss their mom.

Awful day for us but best wishes to all the mothers out there heart

Very sorry to hear that @jonsie. Sending you strength today and all the hugs you need heart

signature

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Happy Mother's Day was on the Saturday

I had ordered her a personal flowered card and gave her a box of cherry liqueur chocolates which she likes.

My sister gave her some of her favourite flowers ie pink tulips

My son knows I like a card. He called me on Sunday to see if I'd received it. It is multi-colour cats and flowers. He moved house at the weekend so it's expecially thoughtful of him to remember me. 

Message 6 of 6