Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Big Brother

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Finally, sanity has occurred and the "social experiment", Big Brother is ending!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45519752

Always believed it should have been done once or twice then died way back in the 90's (was in Holland when it first came out and it made no sense then over what it wanted to achieve) but apparently the viewing publics disagreed with me. Dreadful program full stop. 

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

If a new channel did pick it up, they'd probably have a regular viewing audience of around 5....a bit like the number of regular contributors here.Whistle

joyrofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

If a new channel did pick it up, they'd probably have a regular viewing audience of around 5....a bit like the number of regular contributors here.Whistle

Nice one Mr @Bambino ... LOL rofcgu

Message 12 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I had forgotten about Great British Bake Off, I never miss that.

I also like a couple of soaps which many people sneer at.

However, it's a good job we aren't programmed to like the same things on TV. It would be pretty boring if so. Not forgetting it would also be very Big Brother(ish) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

LOL👍Fantastic

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 14 of 41

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I had forgotten about Great British Bake Off, I never miss that.

I also like a couple of soaps which many people sneer at.

However, it's a good job we aren't programmed to like the same things on TV. It would be pretty boring if so. Not forgetting it would also be very Big Brother(ish) wink

Well as I also watch a couple of soaps, Doctors and Hollyoaks, no sneering from me @Cleoriff. We all watch programmes we enjoy which is at it should be. If your a fan of Big Brother fair enough; it just wasn't for me, and I shan't miss it if it never returns.

Message 15 of 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

No, just to clarify @Glory1 I never watch Big Brother (the general one with a lot of wannabees going for 5 minutes of 'fame')

I only ever check out the Celebrity version, which can be very amusing in a voyeuristic type of way. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 41

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Sorry @Cleoriff, I wasn't very clear. My comment about Big Brother was general not specific. I know from your previous post that you only watch the celebrity version. I don't watch that either. It just doesn't interest me. But you'll get no criticism from me. If you enjoy it, then that's all that matters.

Television is meant to cater for all tastes. And people need to accept that we don't aĺl like/watch the same programmes. If there's a show you don't like, no one forces you to watch it. There are enough channels with shows that may appeal. If not, there's always the off button!

Message 17 of 41

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I remember when people first learnt that bt cellnet was going to become O2 when they ran the ads on big brother 3 or 4 I think.
In fact, I believe O2 were the biggest sponsors of Big Brother in its C4 days
Message 18 of 41

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

cry I am sat watching Big Brother i love it Bouncy

Have watched all the series of BB and CBB and was glad when Channel 5 took it over when it was dropped by Channel 4 in 2010

My ringtone on my phone is the BB tune grin

Hope another channel buys it but not a channel i cant get on Freeview or will be devil

heartheartheart Big Brother 

Message 19 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I watched Googlebox instead and now catching up with a new drama on Sky 'A Discovery of Witches'

Seems pretty good. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 41