Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Big Brother

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Finally, sanity has occurred and the "social experiment", Big Brother is ending!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45519752

Always believed it should have been done once or twice then died way back in the 90's (was in Holland when it first came out and it made no sense then over what it wanted to achieve) but apparently the viewing publics disagreed with me. Dreadful program full stop. 

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I watched it every year from the start then stopped watching after series 6 after it got boring & stale 

Message 2 of 41

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Not a moment too soon. This garbage was the spawn for all the dreadful reality shows. With any luck, its demise will be the death knell for the rest of them too.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I only ever watched the so called 'Celebrity' version of Big Brother, the last one finished on Sunday.

There was horrific incident which occurred between two British soap actors Ryan Thomas and Roxanne Pallett.

She accused him of punching her numerous times in the stomach. She forgot the cameras are everywhere in that house and they saw quite clearly that he had done no such thing.

Problem was, she also told all the other housemates and most of them believed her.

The press got hold of it and unbeknown to the housemates they had her 'hung drawn and quartered'. The producers of Big Brother made a massive mistake not removing her from the house as Ms Pallett carried on with her lies for 3 days.

IN the end Ryan Thomas begged BB to put this right with the other housemates. They did, individually, in the diary room. Roxanne was pretty much alienated and walked out of the house. She was too frightened to face the public when she was evicted.

Since then she has faced a real backlash of hate from every source available and has been forced to make three TV interviews to apologise for 'getting it so wrong'.

So yes, a social experiment which could have ruined the life of one young actor, instead has finished the career of a scheming lying actress.

Time it was finished.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I watched about 10 minutes of the very first Big Brother out of curiousity. Thought seriously what trash and who wants to watch this boring nonsense. Apparently millions did, so what do I know

I certainly won't miss it. And if it kills off other reality shows maybe the networks will spend their money on more, decent drama and documentaries. Here's hoping.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Celebrity Big Brother is slightly different. I personally like watching so called celebs wriggle and squirm when they are locked up in that house for 3 weeks. Kirsty Alley was in the last one. She came second.

Also seen Alex Baldwin in one series, Like him in films. Quite awful in 'real life'

I also like 'some' reality shows such as SCD, X Factor, Britains got Talent and I'm a Celebrity get me out of here. 

I certainly don't watch trashy Love Island (which won a TV Choice award last week) or in fact any other reality show other than those I've listed above

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I love SCD and am getting back into X-Factor again after a year's break. Love The Great British Bake-Off too. That's it for me as far as reality shows go. Prefer to watch a good drama or interesting documentary to be honest.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 41

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Be warned, they still have permission for that house to be active for 3 years, channel 5 aren't interested, but maybe one of the newer digital age channels will twist endemols arm...
Message 8 of 41

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If a new channel did pick it up, they'd probably have a regular viewing audience of around 5....a bit like the number of regular contributors here.Whistle

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo! 

Message 10 of 41