Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Ever Christmas Present?

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

What was your best ever Christmas present?

Mine has to be a Hornby train set on a 8x4' board. Kept me out of mischief for hours, even years grin

Still have the train itself, working, to this day, some +45 odd years later hushed

Capture13.JPG

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I remember getting a 110 camera as a teenager and being thrilled, until I realised 35mm was far better!
Message 2 of 9

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I remember getting a 110 camera as a teenager and being thrilled, until I realised 35mm was far better!

I can remember having one of those 110's. A true pocket camera at the time and the excitement of waiting for the photos to be developed grin

Capture14.JPG

Message 3 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's a lovely looking train @dgilbert2 - did you immediately build it around the tree at the time? wink

@Anonymous

110's look great! I think my best present must have been when I got my camera as well, although my memory isn't as good as yours and I don't remember the model or any specifics except that it was red. Unfortunately clumsy me broke it in the 2 years later of so, but it had a good life hugging

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 9

dgilbert2
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Thanks @EmilieT, no it was never setup around the tree, it always on an 8x4' board. Although thinking about it, the tree could have gone in the middle of that santa

I hope your not a car owner who only knows it by the colour also LOL

Message 5 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

It was just a thought, I bet it was still great fun on its board santa And rest assured, I don't drive and have no car, so no risk there joy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spirograph from my Mum & Dad when it was toy of the year ... I still have it 

Image result for spirography images

Also, the hand made gifts which my son made for me when at school eg a Christmas tree bauble & Christmas crackersanta

Message 7 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's great that you've been able to keep those things @Anonymous

I have nothing left of sentimental value I'm afraid, even my wedding ring was cut from my finger after the accident.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

It's great that you've been able to keep those things @Anonymous

I have nothing left of sentimental value I'm afraid, even my wedding ring was cut from my finger after the accident.

Hi @jonsie I'm sorry slight_frown to her this Hug

Message 9 of 9