Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCK code needed

nerdzilla
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi guys. Am trying to unlock my device to use a different sim - it appears this cannot be done even with an unlatching code from O2 as I need an MCK code. Great, but it seems nobody can provide this apart from o2, but they seem to not be familiar with this. I read that Martin-O2 on this board can help, so last desperate attempt really. It seems ridiculous that I have paid so much money for a device I now can't use because nobody can give me the MCK code?! Martin, help pleaseeeee! If anybody has any ideas or advice please send em my way.

Thanks guys!
Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Appreciate the mention @Cleoriff@MI5!

@nerdzilla I'll send you a private message to grab a few details and we should be able to get you sorted out. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122940 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @nerdzilla 

I will tag @Martin-O2 for you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 24

nerdzilla
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Martin-O2 yo dude will be eternally grateful
Message 3 of 24

MI5
  • 144383 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 24

nerdzilla
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks pal! Can't believe how quick you were. Absolute star! Hope you're having a lush day
Message 5 of 24

MI5
  • 144383 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It's about time that customer service were trained on how to do this tbh........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 24

nerdzilla
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Seems ming boggling that it isn't! And then it's unfair on you guys being unable to do something simple for your customers and on Martin bless him for having to always do it! I very much appreciate your help and I'm sending you virtual smiley faces 😍
Message 7 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122940 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@nerdzilla wrote:
Seems ming boggling that it isn't! And then it's unfair on you guys being unable to do something simple for your customers and on Martin bless him for having to always do it! I very much appreciate your help and I'm sending you virtual smiley faces 😍

Thing is @nerdzilla , we are all customers like you. We don't work for O2, this is simply a community forum. However, I agree customer service should know how to do this. Seem ridiculous that one Community forum manager is the only one who knows how to  get the MCK code. I mean what happens when he is on annual leave??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 24

nerdzilla
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ahhh my bad. Rushing around doing a thousand things, I misinterpreted your message. Ye man, its so annoying, seems like a pointless hurdle, infuriating too considering how much money is usually paid by a single customer... thank God for Martin eh
Message 9 of 24

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Appreciate the mention @Cleoriff@MI5!

@nerdzilla I'll send you a private message to grab a few details and we should be able to get you sorted out. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 24