Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong model and EMEI number on My02 account

Mike5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I changed my phone from an iPhone 5 to a iPhone 8 but my account still shows the old phone. I have been using the new phone for about two months now so any automatic update should have already occurred.

Customer service have no idea and keep passing me around.

The main issue is that I am not seeing the WiFi calling option on my phone as the network probably thinks I have an iPhone 5 and that’s not compatible.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Mike5 

Only customer service can manually change the phone type for you.

Keep onto them Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately only customer service can put this right for you. I'll mention @Martin-O2 and @Marjo to see if they can help you on Monday.

Message 3 of 12

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

It took about 2 months for the IMEI on my MyO2 to catch up, and that was after an upgrade in an O2 Shop.

If you still have problems after that time, you may need to contact O2, here's how:  http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Good luck, @Mike5 , and

animated-welcome-image-0033.gif

Message 4 of 12

Mike5
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks! The challenge here is customer service appear to have no idea how to do it. I have even been transferred to Apple. I hope Martin or Marjo can help.
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Mike5 wrote:
Thanks! The challenge here is customer service appear to have no idea how to do it. 

It seems that with the outsourcing of customer service, only the most basic tasks can be accomplished these days.

It's appalling that customers get a run around from poorly trained CS agents and have to come on here for help from community admin.

O2 need to get a grip !

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the tag @jonsie!

@Mike5 I've replied to your message. Please take a look and get back to me when you can. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 12

Mike5
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Martin 

Any update on my issue? I sent you a private message on the 9th.

Thanks, Mike 

Message 8 of 12

Mike5
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah. I live and work in an area where the O2 service is very poor and due to this update issue I am unable to now get WiFi Calling. The service from CS is very poor. I have also complained in a number of ways and have not received a single call or contact from anyone at O2. Have been a customer from the start of O2...
Message 9 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Mike5 I've escalated it to our Guru team and I'm waiting for a response. I'll give you a shout as soon as I hear back. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 12