Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading my number issues

Monalithic
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
For me to upgrade my number I have to pay £660 for the device plan, so I decided to upgrade via the o2 website. I built a custom plan with a £30 upfront deposit, total fee to upgrade my number was £690.

The payment got taken but the order didn’t go through. The £690 is pending since Thursday. Have phoned o2 and live chatted and they said 5-7 working days for me to receive the refund.

My question is two fold, firstly does it take that long for me to receive my refund and secondly I’m worried if I tried to upgrade again this issue might happen again. o2 does say u can upgrade your number either thru the app, website or by ringing 202
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Monalithic 

The money is held in a shadow account until claimed by O2.

It will automatically be returned to your cleared funds once the transaction times out, which is typically 5 to 7 days.

Next time I would suggest you call 202 to upgrade over the phone and the advisor can process the payment with you on the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Monalithic 

I would call O2 to find out the situation.

All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Monalithic 

The money is held in a shadow account until claimed by O2.

It will automatically be returned to your cleared funds once the transaction times out, which is typically 5 to 7 days.

Next time I would suggest you call 202 to upgrade over the phone and the advisor can process the payment with you on the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3