Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch ID

Furzul
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a iPad and iphone8. However, I cannot get the touch ID to work very well on either. It works for a couple of times then reverts back to the PIN. I have deleted and reinstalled the app on both the iPhone and iPad several times, but each time, after a couple of logins using Touch ID it reverts back to requesting the PIN. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Hi @Furzul and all, I've checked with our Gurus and the recommendation when this issue happens is to turn off Touch ID in app settings, reboot the phone, then turn Touch ID back on again and confirm your fingerprint. Ultimately, removing the fingerprint and re-adding normally works. 

@MarjoThat's pretty much what was suggested in the link I posted....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 31

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Which is all good stuff IF it was a problem with TouchID, which it doesn't appear to be.
I'll be back shortly.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 22 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Which is all good stuff IF it was a problem with TouchID, which it doesn't appear to be.
I'll be back shortly.......

Oh we'll await with bated breath.....grin

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 31

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
OK, I've done some testing on an 8+ with MyO2 app version 9.1.2 and cannot reproduce the error.
The first time I login it asks for my fingerprint. If I close with home button and immediately go back in, I am still logged in, so no verification is required. If I force close it asks for fingerprint again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 24 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Then if you can't replicate it and O2 have no solution @Furzul should take it into their local Apple store and see if they can help. The issue can be replicated if they have the phone in their hands with the OP present

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/contact

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 31

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Unlikely to be a phone fault if issue is apparent on iPad too.
I'd delete apps off both devices, ensure iOS is up to date on both, then reboot and reinstall the latest MyO2 from app store (not iCloud) and go from there.
Message 26 of 31

Furzul
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
MI5. When you close the O2 app on your iPhone 8 ( not force close it ) then leave it for a while, maybe a couple of hours, what happens then when you open the app, that is when it will only ask for the PIN on my phone and not Touch ID. My iOS is 11.4.1, the app version is 9.1.2, I assume you are on the same.
Message 27 of 31

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Just tried it and it asked for fingerprint again.
It had been left "open" in the background since trying it earlier.
Message 28 of 31

Furzul
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Okay, well it has got me beat.
Message 29 of 31

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Me too mate.
Makes no sense.....
Message 30 of 31