Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch ID

Furzul
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a iPad and iphone8. However, I cannot get the touch ID to work very well on either. It works for a couple of times then reverts back to the PIN. I have deleted and reinstalled the app on both the iPhone and iPad several times, but each time, after a couple of logins using Touch ID it reverts back to requesting the PIN. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Furzul
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, I have had quite a few Apple products over the years so I know my way around touch and Face ID. Definitely the app, like I say, it will not work on either iPhone or iPad. Could be the way I have them set up I suppose, but like I say Touch ID works on every thing else, my internet Banking included.
Message 11 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149079 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Honestly not had any problems myself so do have a look through the settings just to be sure. Otherwise, wait for one of our admin team to contact you tomorrow for some more details so it can be looked into for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 31

Furzul
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just an update. If I force close the O2 app, when I fire it up again, I get the blue background and the bubbles rising from the white O2 motif. If I do not force close it ( just one press of the home button ) I do not get the bubbles rising from the O2 motif and it will not ask for fingerprint ID and I have to input my pin. Quelled Strange. 

By the way, not sure way this post was moved to the Apple forum, it has nothing to do with Apple ,it is an O2 app problem. 

Message 13 of 31

MI5
  • 149079 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Sounds like your phone is holding the app open and not closing it in the background which may be how the app is designed.
I always use the back button which prompts me "to press back again to exit"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 31

Furzul
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry, when in the app I do not see a back button.
Message 15 of 31

MI5
  • 149079 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Might be different on iPhone I guess.
Message 16 of 31

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Furzul, welcome to our community. slight_smile Did you make any progress with the app since you last posted or are you still experiencing this issue?

Message 17 of 31

Furzul
  • 18 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Still the same. I have tried it on a iPhone X ( facial recognition) and it still does the same thing. That means I have tried the app on a iPhone 8, iPhone X and an 2018 iPad. It’s got me beat.
Message 18 of 31

MI5
  • 149079 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Sounds like a coding error in the app but will try it on my iPhone later if it let's me load it.
Message 19 of 31

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Furzul and all, I've checked with our Gurus and the recommendation when this issue happens is to turn off Touch ID in app settings, reboot the phone, then turn Touch ID back on again and confirm your fingerprint. Ultimately, removing the fingerprint and re-adding normally works. 

@MI5 let us know if you managed to test this too, would be interesting to see how it goes. Tried on mine and I haven't had issues with Touch ID so far.

Message 20 of 31