Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new 'My O2' Android app

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I've just had my update through. It has some cool features. You can now see which of your contacts are on O2 and who are using the My O2 app. From My O2, you can send a message to that user. (Maybe this is RCS?) There's also a My O2 assistant called 'Aura' where you speak to it to find out things about your account. You can also exchange live messages with an O2 customer service agent on this new app. Still finding my way through. There's still some features that need ironing out a bit but cool new app either way. slight_smile
Message 1 of 65
64 REPLIES 64

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Erm... not all of us @jonsie - still on 9.3.1 and no update in play store for me!!

Oh dear @gmarkj!

I can soon see you suffering with MYO2APPJEALOUSY. A new disease, discovered by me, going on your previous symptoms... LOL heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 65

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Not sure about your diagnosis @Cleoriff, but given your work history perhaps I should be more trusting...
In this case it was more to point out that the update had not reached full saturation at this point and was still in progress.
I wonder if @Chris_K can provide an insight as to how the rollout is going and if that is on schedule (if there is one!)...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 65

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
I wonder if @Chris_K can provide an insight as to how the rollout is going and if that is on schedule (if there is one!)...

The rollout is all on track and we're monitoring it very closely. So for anyone who has not yet received the update, don't worry, you should see it available soon.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 23 of 65

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35918 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

Interetingly, my "Conversations" section on the new App still has remnants of O2 Ask in there...

Are Aura and the "headphones" icon in the "Conversations" section of the app the same thing?

Screenshot_20190722-123540.jpg

Message 24 of 65

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@pgn Thanks for the feedback, I've passed it on to the team now and I'll let you know as an when I hear back!

Regarding the Headphones icon, it takes you to an Chat advisor, while Aura is the AI that's been added in the new version of My O2 that allows you to quickly get answers to questions and search help and support content. slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 25 of 65

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@pgn I've just received some info on the O2 Ask part of your feedback slight_smile

Any customers who had used the original O2 Ask and use the Chat service when migrating across to the new version of My O2 will see the history of any chats they've had in-app before - so most customers who used it in the past will see a reference to O2 Ask. Hope that makes sense?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 26 of 65

gmarkj
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Ooh, ooh!!
There is an update for My o2 in the Play store (hits update button immediately!!!)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 27 of 65

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Ooh, ooh!!
There is an update for My o2 in the Play store (hits update button immediately!!!)

Wahey @gmarkj . We will soon see your condition of MYO2APPJEALOUSY improve dramatically rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 65

gmarkj
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Thanks @Cleoriff.
Although I have moved on to ITSNOTWORKINGITUS as the top section for usage is blank (grey circles with some grey bars underneath) and then I get an error message.
Uninstall here I go (what a faff, need to re-register the app!!)...

Message 29 of 65

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Thanks @Cleoriff.
Although I have moved on to ITSNOTWORKINGITIS as the top section for usage is blank (grey circles with some grey bars underneath) and then I get an error message.
Uninstall here I go (what a faff, need to re-register the app!!)...

Oh no. How very dare they @gmarkj Shocked

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 65