Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New O2 App causing wakelock?

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since the new update to the My O2 app (version 😎 im getting random wakelocks that come and go. Ive found that this app is the cultrip as looking in the battery stats the app has kept my phone awake for 3hrs 45 mins today. Weirdly it doesnt seem to effect battery performance, so may go unnoticed. Anyone else found this?

Got an S5 btw

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
How much data is it using during this time?

Very little. Couple of Mb in the foreground which would be my checking my bill, and even less in the background. I notice the update added notifications/message options, so wondering if its contacting the O2 servers to check for messages, or keeping the phone alive listening for any

Message 11 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149566 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28508 Solutions
I really am struggling with a 4 hour wakelock tbh mate.
Not disputing that's what it says but I don't think it's right.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 27

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I really am struggling with a 4 hour wakelock tbh mate.
Not disputing that's what it says but I don't think it's right.

You and me both grin

Message 13 of 27

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Looking at Google Play Store reviews on the latest version, a few people are mentioning high battery % usage and the app constantly running in the background

So may not effect all phones is some
Message 14 of 27

jonsie
  • 94085 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 15 of 27

MI5
  • 149566 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28508 Solutions
I've been watching mine since you started this thread and I can honestly say that I've not seen any change.
Maybe @Toby can feedback to the devs to be on the safe side though?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 27

paulbacon
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So many different versions of Android around at the moment with Lollipop, Marshmellow and now Nouget all popular. Im still on Lollipop so could be OS specific
Message 17 of 27

jonsie
  • 94085 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I'm still on Marshmallow and not a problem in fairness. I'm not sure how the developers can progress the problem isn't generic?

Message 18 of 27

MI5
  • 149566 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28508 Solutions
Yeah, that's a likely explanation then tbh.....
Message 19 of 27

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @paulbacon,

Thanks for posting about this. I'll share this with the MyO2 team. Could be a lollipop thing, but we've heard no news of widely-based issues within the business. I'll ask around.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 20 of 27