cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 app - update problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

After updating a couple of days ago, the app won't run - just gives a blue screen then crashes.  Lots of comments on Play Store from people with the same issue but I can't seem to find anything here ... S3 Mini running Android 4.2.2.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you tried deleting it and reinstalling?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Deleted by me Rolleys

Note to self. Read the post properly Cleo! (Thanks for the timely reminder @MI5) Bow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was the first thing I tried. Was only then I did some digging and saw it seems to be a common problem.
Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'll flag @Toby then for feedback
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 13

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for reporting this. I'll share with the app team. Welcome to the community too wink

Does the blue screen happen when entering every the app every time, or entering a certain section of the app?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

You go to open the app - you get the blue screen which then used to get the 4 boxes for your pin only rather than the 4 boxes appearing, the app crashes and you're back at the home screen. 

It does it every time.  I've uninstalled & reinstalled, restarted the phone, all the usual things and it makes no difference.

Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

At a guess I would say the update is no longer compatible with older android versions.

Message 9 of 13

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

At a guess I would say the update is no longer compatible with older android versions.

Bad form if ICS is no longer supported - must be millions of phones still on that.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 13