Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Contract

Martin71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My contract has now run out. Does that mean I now own the phone and can get a contract from another supplier. (I know it's probably obvious to others.)

Regards

Martin

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7853 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

If your contract has run out  The phone is yours and you are free to go where you like.

At the moment you will still pay for airtime until you close your account or transfer your number to you new provider 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
  • 7853 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

If your contract has run out  The phone is yours and you are free to go where you like.

At the moment you will still pay for airtime until you close your account or transfer your number to you new provider 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

Martin71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's strange as O2 don't seem to give me a cheaper option when I check it out so it's still at about £20 whereas other suppliers are c £6. I don't understand why?

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
  • 7853 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

The best O2 deals for SIM only are often found on comparison websites. You can always take out one of them and migrate your number across.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

O2 is not the most expensive network but you need to remember that most of them have an annual price rise of inflation plus 3.9%. That will be quite hefty this time round.

Message 4 of 4