Did you mean: 

Enable WIFI calling??

Cyblexy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I would like to enable/add WIFI calling to my account. It says on the help from O2: "Make sure you add Wi-Fi calling to your O2 account. To do this, sign in to My O2, go to Device Details and tap Wifi and 4G Calling where you can then add the service to your account."

I can't see where in My O2 I can add WIFI calling service to my account.

Please help! 🙂

Thank you!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

tonjg
Level 3: Thinker
  • 36 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

<rant> I cannot believe how difficult this is to enable wifi calling on my O2 account. I've been trying for a week and still I can't get this done. I've been on the phone for ages to a customer services guy going through menus in the myO2 app, uninstalling reinstalling going round and round in circles wasting so much time. It's utterly ridiculous, what a horrendous bunch of fools I'm dealing with !! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!</rant>

Message 11 of 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125814 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@tonjg 

This is how you enable Wifi Calling....

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 21

tonjg
  • 36 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

thanks for your response but the link you gave is no good - it's about enabling wifi calling on your phone. I don't have a problem with that wifi calling is already enabled on my phone  but I understand I have to enable wifi calling in my O2 account and it can only be done by O2 staff and I just can't get this done it driving me insane!

Message 13 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12607 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

Have you tried messaging customer services using social media @tonjg ?

If not, try them using the links below.

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 14 of 21

tonjg
  • 36 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

no I don't have any social media accounts, I don't do social media.

thanks for your response

Message 15 of 21

luke97
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in the same position. Just landed in USA, phone not working at all, so will have to wait until tomorrow when they wake up. I can't approve my hotel credit card payment until my phone starts working again.

I won't be renewing with O2. Never had this with Three. It's very frustrating.

Message 16 of 21

Rob521
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have just been  told by O2 that I can not get WiFi calling on my Moto G4plus because it was purchased from a third party and does not have their firmware. So to get WiFi calling on an O2 sim only contract you will also have to have bought the phone from O2. Unless there is a way of aquiring the firmware separately>

Message 17 of 21

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7848 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

If I remember rightly the Moto phones were a special case. All our Samsungs were bought 3rd party and work fine.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 18 of 21

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38295 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions

If your phone supports WiFi Calling, call O2 on 202 and ask them to enable it on your account (regardless of what phone or from where it was purchased). O2 stopped selling phones with their own firmware in 2018, so it should not make a difference to them, @Rob521.

Then enable it on your MyO2 and handset.

Check compatibility here: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling#help-and-support

Good luck!

Message 19 of 21

Mac54
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It’s ridiculous Before Virgin joined O2 I had no problem with Wi-Fi calling. 

Message 20 of 21