Did you mean: 

Enable WIFI calling??

Cyblexy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I would like to enable/add WIFI calling to my account. It says on the help from O2: "Make sure you add Wi-Fi calling to your O2 account. To do this, sign in to My O2, go to Device Details and tap Wifi and 4G Calling where you can then add the service to your account."

I can't see where in My O2 I can add WIFI calling service to my account.

Please help! 🙂

Thank you!

Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cyblexy 

You need to call customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cyblexy 

You need to call customer service Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 21

O2Stacey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi @Cyblexy 

I have posted a link below to the O2 website. This page tells you if your device is compatable and there are 2 videos, one for apple and one for andriod which show you how to set it up.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling

If this does not work it may be that you don't have wifi calling active on your account. In this case you will need to speak to customer services as we cannot access your account from here.

Hope this help

Stacey slight_smile

signature
Message 3 of 21

Cyblexy
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you both for you replies. I have contact customer service and it is now enabled on my account. Strange that it is now enabled by default and that you have to contact customer service for something as basic as VoWIFI. But all sorted.

Many thanks again!

Message 4 of 21

DominicY
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Stacey

I am jumping in here because I am a new (SIM only) customer also trying to enable Wifi calling on my iPhone XS. The app doesn't show me the options you describe but I can eventually find my way to a section which seems to be the right place. However, when I select it I go round in circles - the only link on the page is "find out more..." which takes me to a webpage with more information, which takes me back round in circles, never able to actually turn it on.

I would happily speak to customer services if it were possible, but its pretty hard (I have managed to speak to them but it involved going via the retention teams and nearly two hours in a queue).

So before I embark on that route again, can you tell me, could this be to do with it being a new account? Will waiting make any difference?

Thanks

Dominic

Message 5 of 21

MattAnorak
  • 11 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's a nightmare.  Something that should be simple and is simple on other networks is a royal PITA on O2.  Having to call customer services and waiting in the queue for ages fills me with dread.  I'll probably just not bother and switch to another provider when my term's up as every other provider allows this at the touch of a button without human interaction.

Unimpressed.

Message 6 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MattAnorak 

O2 need to activate it on your account first, if not done so already.

Call them on any of these numbers Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Once that's done, you need to enable it in your MyO2  http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

wifi calling myo2.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 21

MattAnorak
  • 11 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got it - thanks.  It’s working now.  Although it should just be a toggle and not a call to customer services these days.

Message 8 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MattAnorak wrote:

Got it - thanks.  It’s working now.  Although it should just be a toggle and not a call to customer services these days.

Totally agree @MattAnorak. Particularly as CS are so hard to get hold of!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 21

ming666
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For anyone looking to do this now you can't do it online under the Wifi and 4G calling menu. That just gives you information about the service. You have to call them or do a live chat. The latter is fairly painless. I have no idea why it doesn't just come enabled, it makes no sense to me! Without it enabled by O2 the option doesn't even appear on Samsung phones, so if you can't find the option on your phone and you know your phone supports it that is probably why!

Message 10 of 21