Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account details error

Rhw61
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all. Newbie here, although been with O2 a few years now.
My question concerns the my O2 app, which I access on my pixel 3xl.
I have my personal Gmail account registered with O2 for billing and everything else, and I get correspondence from O2 to that address, and O2 have confirmed it is the email registered with them.
Problem is this...when I log into my O2 app in the phone, and sign in using same Gmail address, once logged in, on the home page near the top, where you should see the mobile number the account relates to, instead the app displays my private work email address, which I have never used for personal data like this phone, isn't a Gmail address, and has absolutely nothing to do with this phone or O2.
This is disconcerting that the app is "grabbing" that very restricted email and presenting it on the account page.
I've tried all sorts to clear it.....clearing cache, data...phone restarts, un-installing app, even speaking to O2 themselves who had no idea.
Additionally, I added a pic to my profile for the my O2 account, which stays top right on app, but this work email address that appears picks up same photo, but will change it to an unrelated photo after a phone restart.
I have, just once, after re-installing the app, seen it correct to the actual mobile number it pertains to, but after logging out, then back in, the unassociated email reappears, and since then it never corrects despite numerous attempts. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app

Also go into the app settings to see the registered email address

Your work email must somehow be associated with your work email

Message 2 of 4

Rhw61
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
None of the above make any difference, despite multiple attempts. The account settings have the correct Gmail as the registered mail address. Still the unassociated work email appears where the mobile number should be.
Message 3 of 4

Rhw61
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Should also add, this appears on the "account" page within the app. If I go to any settings page it all appears correctly
Message 4 of 4