cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account anomaly

Anonymous
Not applicable

So last night I ordered a PAYG phone from O2, & everything appeared to have gone ok (hoorah) 

This morning I’ve woken up & I can’t access my online account, apparently the password has changed. 

Whether or not this is related to the order I don’t know, but... another phone number has been attached to my account. 

1. I’ve changed my password. No account details have been changed.

2. I’ve rang the new number & it’s dead. No reply to text either.

So either someone has hacked my account, or O2 have accessed the account to add a new number to it.

Either way I’m not impressed. If this new phone turns up and the SIM card enclosed is the number on the account, I am going to flip my lid.

Anyone heard of this before? 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m actually foaming.. decided to click on the new number...and my order details are there.

The cheeky ****** have accessed my account & changed my password to add the sim!

1EB79943-6714-4AC2-9445-EA5F2AAC12C6.jpeg

Surely thats illegal!

Message 2 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122885 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous

My only advice would be to contact O2 CS and explain what's happened and ask them to sort it.

As it's an account issue and we have no access to yours, then they are the people to help with this

Sorry  can't be more helpful but this is standard advice. Apologies

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus   Needless to say, don't use live chat for this

Best of luck. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m guessing this isn’t the standard when buying a phone with an already established my o2 account..

seriously unimpressed

Message 4 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

No this isn't normal. Ordering a new phone will automatically generate a new number so that is normal. Changing your password definitely isn't unless you have specifically asked them to reset your account.

If upgrading them nothing should change on your account.

Message 5 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Looks like you've been hacked. See this link: https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/fraud-and-phishing-advice

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 21

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, with any suspicions with safety and security, the link above from @Bambino is the way to go, and there's a link to contact details for customer service who can go through a specific process for this with you. Just to be safe I'm happy to get someone to have a look too just in case, I'll drop you a PM to get a few additional details.

Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

Hi @Anonymous, with any suspicions with safety and security, the link above from @Bambino is the way to go, and there's a link to contact details for customer service who can go through a specific process for this with you. Just to be safe I'm happy to get someone to have a look too just in case, I'll drop you a PM to get a few additional details.

they’ve added a new phone number to my account and and proceeded with my order...

most considerate hackers ever..

i had to change the password when i tried to log in this morning.. 

Message 8 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Do we take it you haven't ordered a new phone because it wasn't too clear in your opening post?

If this is so then call customer service as advised and they will refer you to the Fraud department to investigate. They do take their time though unfortunately. Hope you get this

sorted asap @Anonymous

Message 9 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
Looks from the opening post that a phone was ordered @jonsie "So last night I ordered a PAYG phone from O2, & everything appeared to have gone ok"
@Anonymous have you been in contact with your bank?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 21