cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account anomaly

Anonymous
Not applicable

So last night I ordered a PAYG phone from O2, & everything appeared to have gone ok (hoorah) 

This morning I’ve woken up & I can’t access my online account, apparently the password has changed. 

Whether or not this is related to the order I don’t know, but... another phone number has been attached to my account. 

1. I’ve changed my password. No account details have been changed.

2. I’ve rang the new number & it’s dead. No reply to text either.

So either someone has hacked my account, or O2 have accessed the account to add a new number to it.

Either way I’m not impressed. If this new phone turns up and the SIM card enclosed is the number on the account, I am going to flip my lid.

Anyone heard of this before? 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Do we take it you haven't ordered a new phone because it wasn't too clear in your opening post?

If this is so then call customer service as advised and they will refer you to the Fraud department to investigate. They do take their time though unfortunately. Hope you get this

sorted asap @Anonymous

I ordered a new phone last night. Everything appeared to be going swimmingly until I got up this morning and couldn’t access my O2(password incorrect) So I changed my password, logged in and saw the new number. Then I posted here for advice. Then I thought, fork it.. I’ll click the new number and see.. and it’s got details of my order on it.. as in the order number, my details, where I’m picking it up from... everything..

So O2 have changed my password, accessed the account & then added the phone number to it.

Message 11 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I'm not too sure then that fraud has been committed

other than the password has been changed. To me it sounds like My O2 has been reset which sometimes happens when a new devices is purchased. There is a new account with a separate login and password.

Message 12 of 21

MI5
  • 144314 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It sounds like a new account has been set up which appears to have deleted your old one so I assume the same email address was used to buy the new phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I still log in with the same email address, & new password but both my old and the new number are accessed through it.

26EB6D28-AE38-429E-A2AF-C271C8954A76.jpeg

Message 14 of 21

MI5
  • 144314 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
All normal there and I suspect you should have been emailed a new temp password but that would have forced a password change too anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
All normal there and I suspect you should have been emailed a new temp password but that would have forced a password change too anyway.

Shame there wasn’t... 

and the rewards have disappeared again.. so that’s none I’ve got.. three times on the trot.. and no they don’t stick them back on...

Message 16 of 21

MI5
  • 144314 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Surely they should be transferred if you keep the same number?

Currently using:
Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately not. (According to customer service & the local shop) 

Message 18 of 21

MI5
  • 144314 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Bummer

Currently using:
Message 19 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

What a mess @Anonymous

Hopefully @Marjo can help you get this sorted (as she offered earlier)

Best of luck x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 21