cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Chat no work

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got a dispute regarding an amount that has been charged to my monthly bill in error. I'm unable to get a satisfactory answer to this via e-mail. I've tried to click and connect with live chat but it keeps coming up as "chat not initialized" or " chat key cookie does not match visitors chat key" I'm signed in to my O2 account.

Can anyone give me an explanation why this happens please.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Please do not use Live Chat for any account related enquiries. As suggested by jonsie and MI5, use 202 for Customer Service from your mobile. It's a free call.

...and they speak English!

Message 11 of 17

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks both of you. I'll try 202 in the morning. I've cleared my cache and cookies as well..Thanks 

Very wise slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 17

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks both of you. I'll try 202 in the morning. I've cleared my cache and cookies as well..Thanks 

Very wise slight_smile

Good decision....

Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly same happened to me earlier today, cleared cache, tried reloading IE and still the same, connected first time then once i types my message back and hit send it did exactly what it detailed above.

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems a popular glitch lately as I had it a few days ago.

Went to store and job done.
Message 15 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

This is happening with many aspects of the O2 website...since just before Christmas Eve My O2 was down intermittently for nearly 3 days. I presume its due to servers crashing with all the folk who want new phones or need problems sorting....Doesn't help though when its you trying and wasting precious time...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 17

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Confucius say, "Chat no work 'cos it's clap"

Confucius

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 17 of 17