Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferred to business - no 5g

SpecularRose77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, I recently transferred my o2 personal account to a new O2 business account.

I have a Samsung s23 and was able to get 5g on my phone no problem. Since moving to business (same phone, same sim), 5g does not work in areas where previously 5g did work. The network is incredibly slow... I have tried two nights running to contact customer services and been on hold for over 2 hours trying to get through to them... Shocking for a business account - I could contact them much easier and quicker as a personal customer and seriously regretting my decision! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35950 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

Are you dialling 8002 for business accounts, from your O2 handset, @SpecularRose77?

Or were you moved to a business account through Aerial Direct, who have their own number?

Message 2 of 7

SpecularRose77
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi pgn, I am dialling 8002 directly from my business mobile. I did the transfer directly with O2. 

Message 3 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35950 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

Persist with 8002, @SpecularRose77 - call as close to 8am as possible to get ahead of the queue.

It is possible your account needs the 5G enabled, as here (this is a non-business account): https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/My-O2/System-360-User-MyO2-quot-Your-Bolt-Ons-quot-view-differs/m-p/16...

Good luck!

Message 4 of 7

SpecularRose77
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I will try again this morning 🤞 

Message 5 of 7

SpecularRose77
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well called at 8am on the dot.... Waited hour 20 mins before I gave up as I have to actually work! Tried again an hour ago and just gave up again.... Is this the only way we can actually speak to customer service!!!! 

Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@SpecularRose77 

Unless you are an enterprise customer then yes. Unfortunately you need to call them, this is all we can tell you to do... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 7