Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Highlighted
Topics: 572

Re: O2 lost my iphone and then charged me for it

I would strongly advise you to call royal mail. As said, a lesson for everyone here.

Highlighted
Topics: 729

I have learnt to track everything now.....Whether it's via Royal Mail or Hermes....or whoever...

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 546

Did you even get a proof of postage?
Royal Mail could probably start a trace from that if you did.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,849
Ideas: 6

The only contract that o2 used to sell consumers was o2 lease that required the handset to be returned at end of contract ( this was withdrawn and then was business only)  . Otherwise all consumer contracts the consumer owned the phone from day one . Unless a refresh contract until you payed the device plan in full .

it it would help if you explained the full situation so we can help advise you ( as we are all customers like you)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted

@adamtemp64 wrote:

The only contract that o2 used to sell consumers was o2 lease that required the handset to be returned at end of contract ( this was withdrawn and then was business only)  . Otherwise all consumer contracts the consumer owned the phone from day one . Unless a refresh contract until you payed the device plan in full .

it it would help if you explained the full situation so we can help advise you ( as we are all customers like you)

Could it be the iPhone 6s 30gb tariff where you can exchange for a new phone after 12 months?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

I think the answer is for O2 Recycle to change their system so there's no chance of them getting nicked (picked up by DHL perhaps) or at least reimbursing customers when they do go missing. It's not good enough to send pre-paid packaging and leaving it to chance whether they arrive or not. 

Highlighted

I guess they could send a courier and take the cost off the recycle value?
That should fix it.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,849
Ideas: 6

[ Edited ]

That is my tariff mi5 but it only started last month so I expect that would only kick in next year after 12 months device payments ! 

(That reminds me must update my signature)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted

@adamtemp64 wrote:

That is my tariff mi5 but it only started last month so I expect that would only kick in next year after 12 months device payments ! 

(That reminds me must update my signature)

Yeah, but the op mentioned "under the terms of my new contract" so I read that as a recent renewal....

Anyway, no matter Smiley Happy

Currently using:
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

The other thing they need to do is make sure their left hand knows what their right hand is doing. Why is their recycle operation pressing me to post my phone to them when the contracts department need it back. And why leave it so late to clarify they need it back. 

It just makes you think O2 is this big unaccountable machine that doesn't work properly, or really care what happens to customers who've been with them for 12 years. Loyalty is not repaid.