Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NGTS [Next Generation Text Relay (service)]

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Next Generation Text Relay (service) ( also referred to as, NGTR (NGTS)) is a service that helps members with hearing loss and/or speech impairment to make and receive calls.

A relay assistant acts as an intermediary to convert speech to text and vice versa for the two people on the call.

For more information visit the Next Generation Text Service website.

This is a service that O2 supports but I'm not sure it's widely publicised?

More info here http://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/access-for-all

Don't forget to add the bolt on to your account.

Details here https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariffs/bolt-ons/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Jenny105I certainly don't think your texting ability will have any effect on this system. (I never use my thumb to text ever) I would love you to use it if at all possible ...and of course... let us know what you think....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm brand new to O2, coming over from EE and being a totally deafened lip reader this bolt on will be wonderful for me, once I've figured out how to work it. 

More publicity O2 for a really helpful service! 

Message 12 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to the forumWelcome

Have you tried the bolt on yet? It is meant to helpful to NGTS users by giving discounts. Hopefully you have read all the links in the beginning of this thread Here

Anyway if he you have further questions please don't hestitate to ask...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 31

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, Thanks a lot for your nice feedback, we will pass it to O2! 

The O2 community is a group of customers like you but the community team sends a weekly report of all things posted here on the community. So if you have any suggestion, please share them here in the community at any time Handshake

Welcome to the O2 community! We hope to see you around Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 14 of 31

NathanielMead
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I agree with everybody else, this needs advertising! I also had never heard of this service, spotted the Bolt On and investigated. It's a brilliant idea, well done O2
Message 15 of 31

GrandmaH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thankyou very much. I will try it out. I've now downloaded an app so fingers crossed it will make life easier.
Message 16 of 31

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi I now need to use the NGTS service. I was going to go ahead BUT I cant get through to 02 chat to check if theres anything I need to do. I guess will have to wait.

I pay for data, text and calls monthly. I might make 2 calls a month.  So would the remainder cover about 5 calls thru NGTS or not? Can i just load it it and go?

Thanks guys and gals

Message 17 of 31

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi MI5                good to hear from you.

Its only my techy limitations thats making me hesitate but I might go for it later tonight.

Take Care

Message 18 of 31

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I hope so M15. 

Theres info on 02 about Bolt Ons , an d  service being no longer free. That doesnt help hthe emotions of deaf/hard of earing people. I feel frustrated and annoyed. Sorry if thats sounds OTT but its how it is. 

I'll look around for other providers too.   Ive knockeout ASDA. There site said click here for more info. But the click here wasnt live!!!!

Message 19 of 31

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi Cleoriff    I have reached the point where I need the NGTS service.  I dont understandstand about downloading . A bolt on was mentioned.         Is this something one has to buy?   

Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 20 of 31