Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relay UK Service

Lesg
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have the added bolt-on for the Relay Service and downloaded the app but I can't get the service to work.

I have contacted Relay UK Service and they have commented it could be because the network see's the prefix of 18001 which you need to dial out as a premium number and won't allow it ?.

For anyone who is not familiar with Relay UK. It's a service provided for hearing and speech impaired people who require assistance when using a mobile or landline phone. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Lesg 

If you have a zero spend cap, ask O2 to change it to £5.00.

You need to contact O2.
All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

Guide: Spend caps on O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
This may help other partially hearing people who only  struggle  with  calls. Thiis post may help profoundly deaf people BUT I havent yet read all the info. If there is incoming and outgoing text it may help both categories.      NOTE to contact the Access for ALL team one has to phone Happy Dance

I’ve guessed your referring to NGTS lite from Relay UK, which is the service where it converts a call into text using their application.

I’ve added the Relay UK Bolt-On onto your account and this will be active within 24 hours and will be visible under the Bolt-On sections of your My O2.

If you require a step by step guide on how to register your number for the service, please visit the below link, where step by step guides are provided by Relay UK: https://www.relayuk.bt.com/how-to-use-relay-uk/download-app.html

They also provide a guide on how to use their service, please visit this link to see this: https://www.relayuk.bt.com/how-to-use-relay-uk/use-relay-uk-with-app.html

I can see that you’re already registered with our Access For You Team, if you do need to speak with us for any reason, please call 0344 4632 669 (available Monday - Friday, 8am - 8pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 9am - 6pm.) This team are able to ensure that we provide a service tailored to you and your needs from us are fulfilled.
Message 3 of 3