Did you mean: 

Google's game-streaming service - Stadia

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Big news in the world of gaming recently with the official announcement of Google's game streaming service called Stadia!

Stadia is Google’s cloud gaming service and promises to deliver 4K 60fps gaming directly to your Chrome browser! Billed as the ‘Netflix for gaming’ Stadia is hoping to compete with the current generation of console gaming platforms.

Game controller

All that’s required is a fast Internet connection (5Mbps) to connect to the streaming service and you’re good to go. Whilst the information on supported games is limited the title on show at the demo was Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Doom Eternal has also been confirmed.

The release date and price are still TBC however the service will be landing at some point during 2019.

You can get more details about Stadia in this article. What are your thoughts on the new streaming service? Do you think it will do well and would you be interested in seeing something similar for mobile gaming?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 

Great for Gamers

I find real life is much more testing so don't do gaming! smile

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

How about mobile gaming @TallTrees ? Do you ever give that a go? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 4 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Unless Google use a dedicated UK or close EU server, the input lag on this will make it unusable.
I'm sure the lack of input lag on the demo can be explained with a server based very very close by, but unlike the current services with similar properties (ps now, ps remote play, Nvidia stream, steam steam) this is a service that is 100% cloud based, the infrastructure just isn't here (uk) yet to make this as good as they say
Message 5 of 13

TallTrees
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 

Gaming has never appealed to me at all.

Don't mind joining O2 community with the low-profile games/quizzes with real people

but "gaming" with computer generated characters is not something that appeals to me.

Racing cars that are not real, flying planes that are not real ~ not for me.

I much prefer the "real" world. 

That's why I couldn't do Acting it would be far too funny/odd/weird to spend lots of

time trying to be some-one else!  Horrified

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

That's a good point @viridis. Hopefully they're planning something to support UK/EU users.

Fair enough @TallTrees gaming certainly isn't for everyone! I'm with you on the acting, it would feel very odd! laughing

signature

Message 7 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

If you don't like gaming, or acting, then role playing games would probably be even worse for you @TallTrees ! sweat_smile

I'm curious, do you like "real-world" kind of games at all, like board games or card games that can be played with others in the same room as opposed to online? slight_smile

Message 8 of 13

TallTrees
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @Marjo   Good Thought!

I do not like card games at all!  Don't mind playing cards with kiddies ~ as that is funny.

Used to play at home all the usual and enjoyed bagatell and monopoly. 

I can't see the point of card games some take it very seriously though especially Bridge. 

That's probably why I don't do gaming! It's not productive and I am a productive style of person.

I like watercolour painting this is one I painted of two Woodpeckers.WP_20190322_11_35_34_Pro (2).jpg

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I had to google bagatelle as I'm not familiar with it. Then realised (vague memory) when I saw the photos that I've tried it somewhere, in my childhood. slight_smile

That painting looks so lovely @TallTrees ! My former colleague painted 2 cat portraits for me once. Actually it was charcoal drawings so a bit different from watercolour painting actually, but your painting reminded me of them. She used my 2 cats Arthur and Drake as models, and I have the drawings in frames hanging on my living room wall. smiling

(Sorry @Martin-O2 a bit off topic - we'll try turn it around at some point grin )

Message 10 of 13