Did you mean: 

Google's game-streaming service - Stadia

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Big news in the world of gaming recently with the official announcement of Google's game streaming service called Stadia!

Stadia is Google’s cloud gaming service and promises to deliver 4K 60fps gaming directly to your Chrome browser! Billed as the ‘Netflix for gaming’ Stadia is hoping to compete with the current generation of console gaming platforms.

Game controller

All that’s required is a fast Internet connection (5Mbps) to connect to the streaming service and you’re good to go. Whilst the information on supported games is limited the title on show at the demo was Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Doom Eternal has also been confirmed.

The release date and price are still TBC however the service will be landing at some point during 2019.

You can get more details about Stadia in this article. What are your thoughts on the new streaming service? Do you think it will do well and would you be interested in seeing something similar for mobile gaming?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Charcoal is great 

Trying now to turn it a little @Marjo 

I like the short games on O2 Playing now the Cities of the World.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 11 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Those are awesome to prepare too @TallTrees , so much fun! grin

I also play word games on PC (less nowadays though) and mobile (quite often). On mobile there's also similar games to word search that you can play with friends, just on mobile remotely instead of pen and paper. slight_smile

Message 12 of 13

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Marjo 

Yes I expect those are very difficult to put together ~ I am still playing after a short break.

I used to do crosswords but found that after a day at work that was the least form of relaxation!

So feet up and watch rubbish TV didn't have to think then.grin

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 13 of 13