Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Mobile data in Peckham area

Does anybody have really slow mobile data around the Peckham area. Safari is miserably slow and refreshing for emails takes all day
Highlighted
Level 65: Ultra-cool

Re: Mobile data in Peckham area

[ Edited ]

@Thetinggoesskra Being London, it's most likely congestion of too many users at once, but you can also check your postcode to see if there are any problems: http://status.o2.co.uk/

You can also download the My Network app and report a problem, if there are any: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread
Highlighted
Topics: 708

[ Edited ]

@Thetinggoesskra  It's definitely mast congestion. This is the current status which shows no problem

peckham.JPG

You may want to try with a different browser and see if there is any improvement...

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 543

If it’s a new fault, it may not show up immediately and if you were experiencing problems at the time you posted it’s unlikely to be congestion.
Keep checking the status page for updates and use the MyNetwork app to report the issue as it may even be a fault that O2 are unaware of.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 106
Ideas: 2

[ Edited ]

I had a surprising suggestion from the O2 Social Media team in respect to these symptoms last week, and it works!

Try it, you never know, @Thetinggoesskra:@

Screenshot_20180609-152521__01.jpg

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

What was it they suggested? When I turn my mobile data on it doesn’t give me an option of either 3G or 4g
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I don't know what phone you have, @Thetinggoesskra, but on my Android 8 / OnePlus 3T, setting is here:

Screenshot_20180609-155538__01.jpg

Highlighted
Topics: 561

But as it states it should be automatic and seamless unless you have a 2G/3G only option.

Highlighted

@jonsie wrote:

But as it states it should be automatic and seamless unless you have a 2G/3G only option.

Although if both are available, the phone's going to stick with a poor 4g signal before retraining to a lower-class 3G...  Switching to 2G/3G option from 2G/3G/4G option or setting removes the congested 4G signal from the equation altogether, resulting in an immediate performance improvement.

If a simple tweak works, use it! 

Highlighted
Topics: 543

Yes it's something we often advise to avoid congestion.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)