cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is it that EE can offer me cheaper deal than O2?

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm looking to upgrade with a month left on my contract but O2 are more expensive that EE and 3? i have been with O2 for a while now and would expect that you would like to keep me as a customer.

EE are offering Iphone 7 on 24 month contract with no up front cost for £37 per month with 30GB of data, the best you are offering me to upgrade is £47 per month??? can you explain?

Regards 

Andy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

This isn't O2 you are writing to as we are all customers like yourself. 

It is true that O2 was once the best network for good deals but their business plan these days is aimed at maximising profits. Obviously with the size of their customer base it is working... at the moment. 

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Call 202 and choose the I'm thinking of leaving option and see what deals they can offer you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 6

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1344 Posts
  • 66 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Sadly the days of loyalty have long since gone for O2, and many other companies also. We always recommend you choose the network which offers the best for what you want, just make sure you've done your research regarding coverage etc
Message 4 of 6

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community

As you know by now, the O2 community is a group of customers and friends who like to help each other. It is the perfect a place for you to ask other customers like you, but we are not O2 Customer service I am afraid.

So, follow @PhoneChanger@MI5 and @jonsie advice Handshake

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@Anonymous. You also need to remember that only O2 offers Refresh. Generally this is the reason O2 feel the higher price is justified

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6