cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is 02 rubbish abroad like using in U.S.A

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is 3 rubbish abroad like using it in U.S.A got my regular updates on my phone charged me over almost £160. Where has my last provider Three charged me my regular bill of £15 pound that is including using Internet for roaming charges. 

I will admit O2 have got better customer service than Three there a lot more pleasant where sometimes Three are rude. Also you do get through to English person where as Three is foreign call centre.

But in terms of business Three are smarter & ahead by not charging there customers for using abroad where as 02 do unless you are in Europe anywhere else in the world they charge sky high fee.

Three let you internet more where as 02 charge extra there to as in my local area I have had my broadband user connected to my phone so I won't be charged anymore.

Sum up Three are lot like WWE smart in business know there competition look at big picture by letting its user use the internet  & use your phone abroad including the states for no extra cost & few other countries. Where as 02 are lot like TNA they only concentrate on Europe and charge sky high fee If your not in Europe.

An actor once said O2 where better well I have got six months left on my contract & I won't be renewing so I don't see where your better when rip your customers off if not in the UK or Europe no thanks O2 I have had enough.

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's a fact that using your phone outside the EU is quite ridiculous. We always advise using wifi and switching off mobile data which costs £6/Mb when roaming.

I recently made a call in error whilst in Thailand and hung up straight away. If you look at the duration of the call it was 2 seconds at a cost of £1.25 with VAT to be added on the billing date.

Capture1.JPG

It's time O2 looked at reducing the cost of roaming. At least contract customers can use TuGo whilst roaming but standard calls, texts and data charges are horrendous and O2 in their wisdom and greed round up calls to the minute rather than per second billing.

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It's a fact that using your phone outside the EU is quite ridiculous. We always advise using wifi and switching off mobile data which costs £6/Mb when roaming.

I recently made a call in error whilst in Thailand and hung up straight away. If you look at the duration of the call it was 2 seconds at a cost of £1.25 with VAT to be added on the billing date.

Capture1.JPG

It's time O2 looked at reducing the cost of roaming. At least contract customers can use TuGo whilst roaming but standard calls, texts and data charges are horrendous and O2 in their wisdom and greed round up calls to the minute rather than per second billing.

Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
I always use my Three sim when roaming for data use - It makes sense to use the cheapest option available to you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 123249 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I always use my Three sim when roaming for data use - It makes sense to use the cheapest option available to you.

Something that I hope O2 will look at..... when the merge with 3?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Would be nice slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 16

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I use a local sim combined with TuGo which works great. Unfortunately I had to receive a code for banking on my UK phone as TuGo doesn't recognise short codes. Inadvertently hit the dial key whilst sat in the bar sampling the local brew....

Message 6 of 16

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

When it comes to data outside EU, the options I'd look into would be as follows:

1) See, if a country of your destination is a Three Feel At Home one. If so, then just get a Pay&Go 3 sim in UK, top-up, buy a data bundle and you're all set.

2) Try tgetting a local sim in the country you're going to.

3) Look if there are any fairly priced data roaming add-ons on EE/T-Mobile on Pay&Go as prices on some of them are actually not too bad, and if so then get an EE/T-Mob sim before leaving.

4) Consider a Vodafone 25MB for a £5 a day offer. It works on their Pay&Go, and the beauty of it is that  it works worldwide (excluding those countries for which Vodafone data roaming costs are even better tnan £5/25MB/day).  £5 a day might sound a lot, but if staying online is a must, and there are no cheaper alternatives, 20 pence per MB can sound not too bad after all.

Sadly, there's nothing that O2 provides to compete with the above. I would certainly like to see changes in that. Here's hope slight_smile

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be nice slight_smile  Now if o2 would unlock my iPhone 6 for next week when i go to the USA.

More info

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Try the form here although you may have to pay off the phone plan first http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...

Currently using:
Message 9 of 16

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This would be nice slight_smile  Now if o2 would unlock my iPhone 6 for next week when i go to the USA.

More info

That won't happen unless you pay off the handset.....

Message 10 of 16