cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone please tell me I'm not being unreasonable!!

Friday 8th of April - LG G5 is released. I speak to customer services about popping in store on Saturday to pick up my new phone and ask them if they can waive my £20 fee as my refresh would be paid off by Monday anyway. I also ask if I would still receive my free gift of a cam plus. I am assured I will be able to do this *cue very happy Facebook status*

Saturday 9th of April - I pop in store to be told that they can not honor the offer and I need to ring customer services again to speak with someone about why I was told I could do this. I do this, and they guy on the phone didn't have an answer - but I put through my order for my new phone and was assured it would be with me on Tuesday. Fantastic.

Sunday 10th of April - I couldn't find where to track my order on 'My O2' so I contacted an advisor who (AGAIN) assured me that my phone would be dispatched on Monday for delivery on Tuesday. Great! All is on track (later that evening I switched my phone to desktop view and managed to find how to track my order)

Monday 11th of April (today) - after getting home from work at 6pm, I check 'My O2' to find the order still in progress! Surely it should have been dispatched by now? I ring O2 who tell me the phone is out of stock, but they have a delivery today so I should have my phone on Wednesday. Well that's not too bad because I'll be home all day on Wednesday, but why oh why, have I been made so many assurances?! The advisor goes on to tell me he is sorry and understands my fustration but I will definitely have my phone by Friday (after just telling me I would have my phone on wednesday)

I've been with O2 for over 11 years and although I guess it is slightly out of their control I don't understand why and how they can make so many promises to their customers and get away with it. When I asked to speak with a manager I was declined access which has annoyed me even more.

Can someone just tell me I haven't been unreasonable or if I have been explain why!
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Usual redemption site,
http://www.lgg5promotion.co.uk/o2/
Using info from any o2 purchase method.
Message 11 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Life saver. I'll pop in store tomorrow and see if they can cancel my order while purchasing my new phone!!! Absolute legend!
Message 12 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
It just so annoying because they said in store that they couldn't honor the free gift?!?!
Message 13 of 42

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Make sure you get the leaflet with claim code on it tho.
Message 14 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Life saver. I'll pop in store tomorrow and see if they can cancel my order while purchasing my new phone!!! Absolute legend!

Oh yes...the Young Lord @viridis is a legend....:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 42

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It just so annoying because they said in store that they couldn't honor the free gift?!?!

It's more likely, they wouldn't honor the waived fee...

Message 16 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then they should have said that 😂😂 I will make sure they have the leaflet and will try and cancel before putting everything through slight_smile
Message 17 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149078 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The store wouldn't honour it either way as you have to go online to redeem it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 18 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
But I didn't know that.
Message 19 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149078 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions
They should have explained that to you - sounds like they weren't too interested to me!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 20 of 42