cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What has happened to O2's customer service? Over a month to unlock a phone!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rude staff, regulaly spoken over whilst trying to explain the problem followed by patronising suggestions and accused of lying. Escalation after escalation which after all this time I can only conclude this is a way to get me off the phone and pass the problem onto someone else.
In the past O2's customer service was exemplary however during their move to another country I think they forgot to pack the customer service.
Looking forward to the end of this contract and moving to Virgin, amazing customer service never had to wait for someone to talk to and any problem that has arisin has been solved there and then along with instant compensation whether aditional data or money off next bill.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125617 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

Sorry to hear of your poor experience @Anonymous

I suggest you complain here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 125617 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

Sorry to hear of your poor experience @Anonymous

I suggest you complain here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 148745 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28439 Solutions
Is it anything that we can try and help you with?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 12

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23905 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3769 Solutions

You can use this link to lodge a formal complaint if you're unhappy with the service you received. http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I think you'll find that when you move, that Virgin Mobile's customer service is also outsourced and not based in the UK.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google the address of the o2 CEO

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all,

e-mail now in the system 😉

The problem I have here is that I can pop down the High Street and get a phone unlocked there and then from a bloke with a market stall where as O2 take between 3 and 5 working days.

I should add I don't want this to become an argument about outsourcing.  Virgin I think are based in Mumbai and can still offer outstanding customer service.

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 148745 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28439 Solutions
Have you seen our unlocking guide?
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
What exactly is the problem you're having?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 93894 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Is there a problem in waiting for a few days? It varies to be honest, one of our members got his phone unlocked in a matter of minutes....

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few days I can understand sadly this whole process has taken over a month.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you MI5 

Message 10 of 12