cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay up front for life cancelled by o2!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had a "pay up front for life" contract for many years. Without notice or regret, O2 have changed it to a £35 per month contract. The reason given is a change to a new computer system causing it to "lose" some or all of the Pay up front contracts!!
Can they legally breach the contract?
Has anyone else suffered this?
Message 1 of 159
158 REPLIES 158

SirHugo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. 
I was wondering if anyone on the PUFFL has successfully redeemed one of the Extras such as Disney+ ?
As this is a non paying tariff how does the £2 a month off your airtime bill work? I'm a bit worried about committing to six months if I don't get the discount.
Thanks

Disney.png

Message 131 of 159

Pigro
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I haven't got disney+, but I did get a free all you can eat pizza hut promo (via O2 priority app), worth £9.99, on my PUFFL SIM - worked no problem

Message 132 of 159

SirHugo
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for replying. Yes I too have been using the Priority offers, but I'm specifically looking at one of the subscription extras - either Disney+ or Amazon Prime which is billed to your phone account.

Message 133 of 159

SirHugo
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.

I’ve been thinking of adding a second Pay Monthly contract to my account - one with a proper data allowance!

I’m wondering if this second connection would be eligible for the 20% Multisave discount (link below). I'm just concerned that obviously I’m not paying anything for the ‘lead’ PUFFL connection which might disqualify me.

Has anyone else here added a second contract and tried this?

Cheers,

SirHugo

https://www.o2.co.uk/multisave 

Message 134 of 159

Paulm1956
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello @O2Lisa

i have just located my old phone with my PUFFL taken out in June 2001 on Mytime Net200.

yesterday I contacted O2 via chat to request a new Sim to fit into an iPhone on 4g but was told I would have to upgrade the contract via the O2 upgrades team

i don’t know why as I still have have the paperwork contract that clearly states my contract is for life.

i have seen in post 116 of this chat that some people have been allocated 50 minute and unlimited data upgrades 

can you please investigate and advise what is the best contract O2 that can upgrade me to, it must be a permanent no cost contract for life

if you pm me then I will give you my phone number and personal details

Message 135 of 159

Cleoriff
  • 123070 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Paulm1956 

It's @O2Emma on tonight. I've tagged her to this post.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 136 of 159

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @Paulm1956 I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 137 of 159

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123070 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Thanks @O2Emma x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 138 of 159

Paulm1956
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello Emma

not sure if you received my reply from a few minutes ago as I had to update my password 

Message 139 of 159

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6652 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

@Paulm1956 Not a good idea to put your number up on an open forum. You leave yourself open to spam or worse.

If you use the down arrow at the top right of your post and choose edit you can delete it.

*Flagged 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 140 of 159