cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay up front for life cancelled by o2!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had a "pay up front for life" contract for many years. Without notice or regret, O2 have changed it to a £35 per month contract. The reason given is a change to a new computer system causing it to "lose" some or all of the Pay up front contracts!!
Can they legally breach the contract?
Has anyone else suffered this?
Message 1 of 159
158 REPLIES 158

Paulm1956
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Enlli I have edited it

Message 141 of 159

bogallan
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an PUFFL Cellnet contract, dating from 2001. I use the phone occasioanlly, but about a year ago it stopped working. I rang O2 and they said it had been disconnected as they saw I was not using it much! Anyway, they managed to re-connect it after much to-ing and fro-ing from different departments. So all is good. Now, looking through this group I see some PUFFL contracts have been converted to a rolling 30 day one at £0/month with increased benefits, as 02 say, PUFFL is a legacy tariff, not compatable with their systems. So, I thought I'd give it a go and try and change the tariff to the new one. However the lady at 02 said "Computer says no" and she had never heard of this tariff or anybody being transferred from it onto another one. So my question is, can anybody confirm if PUFFL is a legacy tariff and the 02 systems cannot cope with it and should I press further to see if they can transfer my PUFFL account to one with the increased benefits mentioned in this group?

Message 142 of 159

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6809 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

All I can say for certain is that O2 are completely overhauling their billing and customer management systems. 

I would doubt legacy tariffs will feature in that

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 143 of 159

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@bogallan 

I was originally on an annual contract with BT Cellnet and the PUFFL contracts appeared out of those. I have a cousin who is still on a PUFFL contract. I remember when the PUFFL contracts came into being thinking that it sounds like a recipe for problems further down the road ! 

I think that you should consider pressing O2 further and see what they can come up with. 

Message 144 of 159

Derek_Diamond
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, please could someone help me with my PUFFL?

I have 200 minutes, no text and no data. Also unable to use Wi-Fi calling

i have seen lots of comments with other PUFFL customer receiving much more than this

how can I get the same? (Calling customer services has not worked)

Message 145 of 159

Enlli
  • 6809 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@Derek_Diamond You are getting what you paid for, in the dim and distant past. 

I seriouly doubt O2 are going to give you more, especially as prices have risen exponentially since the day you took out the plan.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 146 of 159

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Derek_Diamond 

If you are dissatisfied, you could consider a complaint :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

In the former document, you will see reference to Resolver. Several forum members have reported that they were able to facilitate satisfactory outcomes. 

Message 147 of 159

Enlli
  • 6809 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@Oxonian I honestly don't know what the complaint is. PUFFL customers get what they signed up to, in many cases a couple of decades ago.

O2 have kept their side of the bargain

Message 148 of 159

Derek_Diamond
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That is true @Enlli, my only grievance is everyone should be treated the same 

Message 149 of 159

Derek_Diamond
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Oxonian, I tried the ombudsman and they offer £50 and a written apology from o2 but no change of tariff. They claim I have the same calls texts and data allowance as everyone else you purchased PUFFL but reading this thread it seems they are not telling the truth 

Message 150 of 159