cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just plain greedy!

Anonymous
Not applicable
This will be the nail in the coffin for O2-UK!

just as OFCOM say you can't do it we now have to opt out of their ruling!

GREEDY!

O2 UK requiring new customers to agree to mid-contract price rises
http://www.androidcentral.com/o2-uk-requiring-new-customers-agree-mid-contract-price-rises
Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23547 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

You're free to go where you like once your contract is up. Just be sure the coverage from your new provider  is as good or better than what you have now from O2 in the places you frequent the most. Cost shouldn't be the main concern. Signal and coverage should be.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 61 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless of course I win. Am pretty sure that the unfair contact terms act has already been proved to apply in situations where RPI price rises are not advised to consumers by sales staff prior to signing a contact.
Message 62 of 90

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

This all was discussed last year when it first happened and o2 were cleared by ofcom as were all the other networks!!

A search will show all the posts last year and o2 did change some of it advertising last year to make it clear

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 63 of 90

Bambino
  • 23547 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Unless of course I win. Am pretty sure that the unfair contact terms act has already been proved to apply in situations where RPI price rises are not advised to consumers by sales staff prior to signing a contact.

Do you really think that O2 would have gone ahead with this increase if they hadn't been sure they were within their legal rights to do this? 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 64 of 90

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
 What makes this worse is the fact that I specifically asked the 'so called' O2 assistant if my 'contract' would remain the same over the two year period.

Your contract has not changed, the clause about increasing prices has been there for years.

Have a read and see for yourself!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 65 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you asked that question and had proof you would be able to do something about it as he missold you the contract
Message 66 of 90

Bambino
  • 23547 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

I would imagine that it was an answer that was given to him verbally in store and consequently unverifiable.

I think it was Samuel Goldwyn who said 'A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it was written on'. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 67 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Before this thread was hijacked. The OP was about the new clauses in the new contracts

Please try to stay on topic.

The only way O2 will listen is by people voting with their feet on renewal day.

You can't get out of your contact with this!
Message 68 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just hope people vote with their feet, I cannot understand how a company such as this can expect people to stay with such a Customer Unfriendly outfit.

I'm off at the end of mine, pity it's got over 12 months left 😞
Message 69 of 90

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

In 12 months time you may well have something else to worry about. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 70 of 90