cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just plain greedy!

Anonymous
Not applicable
This will be the nail in the coffin for O2-UK!

just as OFCOM say you can't do it we now have to opt out of their ruling!

GREEDY!

O2 UK requiring new customers to agree to mid-contract price rises
http://www.androidcentral.com/o2-uk-requiring-new-customers-agree-mid-contract-price-rises
Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 dodge ban on hiking fees
O2 has totally rewrote its terms and conditions, creating small print that lets it hike prices whenever it wants - One month to go - I'm off

Message 51 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable

New phone and agreement on 21/12/13 now the text about a price increase. Only had the thing a month. Greedy or what !!!!!!!! That's two O2 accounts that will not be renewed when the time comes. Got another 23 months with this dodgy crowd. Still if enough of us leave perhaps the shareholders will demand heads on plates.

Message 52 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
The shareholders are caging in while they can. Only a matter of time until it's sold
Message 53 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
*cashing
Message 54 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mass Non Payment. Wouldn't it be great if everyone here moaning about the recent price rises just refused to pay for the remainder of their contact. Let them try and sue all of us ...

Message 55 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable
Extremely unhappy with this, the second price increase to my tarriff in as many years. What makes this worse is the fact that I specifically asked the 'so called' O2 assistant if my 'contract' would remain the same over the two year period. I'd heard stories of other providers raising their prices within the contract term and didn't want to be in the same position. He assured me that the price would not go up. It's now increased twice! I won't be renewing.
Message 56 of 90

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Mass Non Payment. Wouldn't it be great if everyone here moaning about the recent price rises just refused to pay for the remainder of their contact. Let them try and sue all of us ...

Wouldn't bother them or any other network. They've got insurance against that happening which is why they can offer credit.

All they'll do is set the ball in motion within the court system and then sell it off to a collection agency who will recover it. Meanwhile your credit rating is effectively trashed and you've got years of pain originating from a futile decision. Lots of people who have posted on this forum have discovered o2 don't hang around when it comes to non-payment.

Message 57 of 90

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93341 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 58 of 90

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23560 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The only thing that will accomplish is that you'll ruin your credit rating and O2 will still get their money. Not a very clever thing to suggest.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 59 of 90

Anonymous
Not applicable

I for one will not be renewing my contract in April..In reply to the underhanded way they have introduced the price rise.

Message 60 of 90