cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit file affected due to £18 bill , no letters sent

Anonymous
Not applicable

switched from carphone warehouse to tesco last june 2012 {HusbandS contract}

phoned to check if he owed outstanding bill, reply was no.

last week 21/2/13 phone call of debt collecters saying he owed £18 and had defaulted. not through carphone warehouse but network supplier o2.

equired and was told they dont send letters , as my preffered contact method was text/voice alerts. one snt back in july/august last year which i didnt recieve

now our credit file has gone red due to default from august 2012, always been green, no missed payments etc or direct debits.

aked web chat address for complaint, told i can not complain as no longer customer and time elasped.and she didnt have address to complain and they dont have access to it.

disgusted no letters sent from aug to present date, funny how debt agency got hold of us straight away though, saying i owed £18, as i took it from carphone warehouse my balance was zero.

disgusted with this and will never use this company again, waiting till my contract runs out and swithing suppliers asap.

has affected my credit file and all because they admitted they havent sent letters

i now await my compliant outcome.

any replys appreciated , been ill with worry, defaults stay on credit file 6 years etc and dont understand why carephone warehouse said zero balance but i owe 02 network .

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
As said contact Customer Services not the chat live.

If you don't sort this quickly then your credit file will be affected for some years even if you paid it off.

If 02 sort this then also send off to experian to check your file has been repaired and if not you can appeal.
Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

not even sure if posted it in right place , as never used this community before , please can anyone help, thank you.

Message 2 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

complaints info from the o2 website http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(RelatedHe...

and http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
As said contact Customer Services not the chat live.

If you don't sort this quickly then your credit file will be affected for some years even if you paid it off.

If 02 sort this then also send off to experian to check your file has been repaired and if not you can appeal.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

thankyou for your help on this matter after 11am this morning , up untill this time , i have eventually been given help by a complaints manager from 02. they are going to investigate this and now i await a reply.

thank you again,

6 years it will remain on my credit file, if i get no resolution , very upset at this moment in time. also paid it same day i got debt services phone call, but damage looks like it has already been done.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would of thought 02 would need to provide some written support that they were in error.

Then your credit file would be expunged.
Message 6 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
It takes a long long time. I'm still waiting for mine to be resolved apparantly I defaulted on a contract in feb of last year. Only found out in August and haven't heard much since requesting information/resolution in August as well:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds to me like a horrible admin error between Tesco and O2. Who the blame lies with is diffcult to say. 

I would be putting pressure on Tesco as well as they were who you had your contract with. Maybe hitting it from both sides will speed things up. 

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi everyone

thankyou for all comments left.

finally excellent news

2 missed call todays from o2 but checked emails when i got home from work and email states 02 error, they admitted that they sent no letters , and couldnt prove that they sent voice/text alert to say i owed final bill of £18.87. so admitted fault is theirs.

informed my credit file will be updated in 30 days and default removed.

so happy its been dealt with.

thanks again for all your help

Message 9 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Good news, thanks for letting us know.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 11