cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail woes

Anonymous
Not applicable
This for an O2 webmail address (xxxxx@o2.co.uk)
Until yesterday I was able to access my email account, both through a POP3 server and through the O2 webmail interface. I even get a HTTP 404 error when accessing webmail, yet I can still get to my online address book!!
Yesterday I started getting bounced emails of the "Delivery Status Notification" which is probably a result of a spammer using my email address as a return address.
I seem to be stuck with no number to phone, nor anyone at "Chat" who is of any assistance, apart from the ubiquitous "Restart your system" type of help!!
Any ideas?
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
just logged in fine to my webmail and my pop3 mail is arriving on my iphone from my @o2.co.uk address.
I.e.9 win7 pro
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks, I thought it might be associated with jus my email account due to yesterday's nefarious activity.
I have tried webmail with Firefox and with IE for the same result, as well as the O2 POP3 server, so all pretty consistent with a suspended account.
The real question is who I can speak to to deal with this?
Message 3 of 23

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
not sure do you use twitter the @o2 team may be able to help find the right person.
If you are not on twitter let me know and I wil ask them to look at this thread.
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Adam,
No I don't use Twitter and would very much appreciate if you could ask the O2 team to look at this thread.
Many thanks.
Mike
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone have any other ideas?
Someone who I can contact?
Someone in o2 must be responsible for webmail, or does everyone have slopey shoulders??
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems still no progress 😞
Message 7 of 23

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
I did ask on twitter via a direct message I will ask again.
Apple Watch series 4

Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks,
I had a good look at those links and they all assume that you have a working POP3 or IMAP server. In my case when using the POP3 server I get an error.
I've also looked at other troubleshooting help. But again they assume things are working which they are clearly not. o2 seem to be devoid of any help when it comes to webmail. One can only assume that their other service must be likewise.
Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
A while ago I looked at the o2 contact page and I saw:
"Sending us a email is completely free and we'll aim to get back to you in less than 24 hours - just click the email us link below:"
Well 40 hours later and, apart from an auto-response acknowledgement, I'm still waiting. Are there any guidelines on a realistic time for a substantive reply?
Message 10 of 23