cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail woes

Anonymous
Not applicable
This for an O2 webmail address (xxxxx@o2.co.uk)
Until yesterday I was able to access my email account, both through a POP3 server and through the O2 webmail interface. I even get a HTTP 404 error when accessing webmail, yet I can still get to my online address book!!
Yesterday I started getting bounced emails of the "Delivery Status Notification" which is probably a result of a spammer using my email address as a return address.
I seem to be stuck with no number to phone, nor anyone at "Chat" who is of any assistance, apart from the ubiquitous "Restart your system" type of help!!
Any ideas?
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having the exact same problem. Error 404 and emails not being forwarded to gmail. From the looks of it, it would seem that my Webmail has been either suspended or deleted from the system.
I've had Webmail for quite a few years and never had a problem before, so what the hell is going on!!
Ste.
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's another weird fault with O2 webmail, I have a secondary O2 email address which downloads mail to OE, I use it as my main friends and family email address so there is a lot of traffic but which O2 denies exists.
I am unable to log in to it on webmail because it doesn't recognise the username and/or password, both of which are correct as I have the original confirmation email from O2 and also both username and password are used in the OE account settings.
Explain that one :womanindifferent: ..........O2 can't !
Message 22 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you keep highlighting your issue here and with Chat, you can grind o2 into submission. I now have a working POP3 server and working webmail.
Also on Chat, if someone makes a promise of a timescale for a resolution, get a ticket number. Also ask for the "Guru" by name. Pointing out their failed promises seems to work. I now have a dozen or so chat transcripts, and no doubt wasted a huge amount of mine and indeed their time.
I believe what happened is that some spammer was using my o2 email address as a reply or senders address. As a result I have 100's of "mail delivery error". I guess the mailbox was full and suspended. It seems that o2 have very rudimentary software, or at the very least no longer have the programmers, or support for their system. It is a very worrying situation, and one which won't go away.
I wish you luck, if you persevere, someone will eventually sort out the issue for you.
Message 23 of 23