Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unread Posts

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123039 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I have to ask this and wonder if there is a way round it...

There are a few threads on here at the moment that I have limited interest in. So I do two things..

1) Mark all posts as read

2) Unsubscribe from Topic

All appears fine for a while. I can then read and participate in those topics that do interest me.

Then suddenly after 30 miinutes or so...these posts start appearing again...

I have worked out that it is when a page is filled with comments and a new page begins.

It's as if Lithium makes a decision on my behalf that suddenly my interest in this topic has been re-ignited!

Surely if I unsubscribe from a topic, it is up to ME if I wish to subscribe again?

At the moment I am spending a lot of time going back and repeatedly Marking All Posts as Read

A waste of my valuable time in all honesty.

Is there anything else I can do to stop this annoying 'glitch'

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Cleoriff
  • 123039 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous  I would far rather not have to dig or mine :smileywink:....

I just want to be able to ignore posts that have no interest to me...at all...ever...Destroy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 37

MichaelL
  • 2233 Posts
  • -13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey all,

I'm sorry to report that there isn't any functionality that allows users to stop future posts from being shown as unread. As far as I'm aware we don't provide the facility to ignore topics either, although I can also see the benefit in such an option!

Message 22 of 37

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MichaelL ......surely it must be possible to code an "Ignore topic" or more simply "Mark topic as read".

I realise that one risks missing out on useful information but that would be the choice of the user of that facility.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 23 of 37

MichaelL
  • 2233 Posts
  • -13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'll get back to you. slight_smile
Message 24 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 123039 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MichaelL wrote:
I'll get back to you. slight_smile

Be grateful if you would @MichaelL 

After all...it surely is MY choice if I choose to ignore a topic? That's all I am asking really...freedom of choice wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 37

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks @MichaelL , is it something that can be requested of Lithium?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 26 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
But surely @Cleoriff that choice is already there. You do not have to select or read any post unless you want to. And if you wish to ignore, just ignore. Why the need to have a marker.
Message 27 of 37

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
But surely @Cleoriff that choice is already there. You do not have to select or read any post unless you want to. And if you wish to ignore, just ignore. Why the need to have a marker.

The threads in question can take up a couple of pages and you have to go through them to get to the good stuff.

Message 28 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 123039 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

No the choice isnt there @Anonymous If I click on unread posts (top right hand corner) over the past two weeks the unread posts are all about the iPhone 6.

To get to what I actually want to read... I have to scroll  through reams and reams of pages... or keep going into that topic and marking it as read....over and over again...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 37

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@aldaweb wrote:

Thanks @MichaelL , is it something that can be requested of Lithium?

I presume it is, otherwise he wouldn't have said he'd get back to us......although it doesn't mean Lithium will say yes slight_frown

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 30 of 37