Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Armenia Calls

PompeyYorkBlues
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure if people are aware, but last month I received a call from Armenia and answered it to tell them ‘Go Away’ in not very polite terms. I was charged 3 Pounds for the 5 second privilege. 
O2 refunded me which is great, but thought I’d make people aware, as I never knew you could get charged for receiving random calls.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@japitts wrote:

Incoming calls are not charged for when you're using your home network.

Immediately redialling is a common cause of charges in this scenario.

@japitts 

O2 have identified an issue where receiving calls can be charged to the customer.

The full details are currently unknown but are being investigated.

It is not known if this is unique to O2 or not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 18

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 223 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I'm aware of that post, and stand by the accuracy of my comments. Consumer misconception is partly what many scammers rely on.

It will be very interesting to see the specifics of this issue.

Message 12 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

As do I if you read my comments above, however...............

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 18

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 223 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Indeed so. Mine are general comments applicable to all MNO.

If O2 have identified a billing issue with CDR's for incoming calls, that would be for them to rectify.

Message 14 of 18

TonyC_52
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had the same issue, 4 charges for £3 for calls I never made on earlier bills that I missed, then today a charge for £62.05 for a 20 minutes call I definately didn't make. Every time I get a call from Armenia I bar the number and they come up again with a new number, most from area 44 but one from 95, some of the calls are for barred numbers and some appear completely new. I contacted Customer Services and at first they said they would refund the £62.05 but when they saw there were old charges I had missed and paid said they would review and contact me tomorrow. Immediately after the call I got a text saying they had refunded the £32 I had requested!!! can't respond to text and want to write so I have an audit trail, is there an email address that works or do I have to resport to posting a letter in this day and age?

Message 15 of 18

PompeyYorkBlues
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Kei-M, Apologies for the delay but I’ve just sent it to you.

Message 16 of 18

PompeyYorkBlues
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Japitts, Agreed, but I 100% know I did not call them back as was aware of that,  was still charged 

Message 17 of 18

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7977 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

O2 have as good as admitted they have a problem, but they don't seem to want or know how to fix it.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 18 of 18