Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account stuck processing cancellation

AnnoyedAndTired
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I must have raised this with every single possible entry point for O2 and nothing is being done so raising here in case anyone has any other ideas.

The backstory: I was one of the many who used Switchup to pre-order a Pixel Fold 9 Pro, and it got "stuck" processing, with zero updates and no-one able to do anything to help. I eventually decided to cancel my pre-order as got fed up with waiting for absolutely nothing to be done.

The kicker is that the cancellation appeared to be able to be done (despite all the help channels saying that it would be impossible) and now my original order is "stuck" processing. I can't order a new phone as the shop says my order is still in progress.

I have used the MyO2 App, spoken to Sales, spoken to social media, Spoken to 202, Raised a case on Resolver, raised formal complaints and they all tell me the same thing, that they will urgently raise this to the "back end" team to resolve and that I should see results soon. It's been a month since I originally pre-ordered and 2 weeks since cancelling the order.

Has anyone been experiencing the same and has anyone got any other ideas of how I can get a direct line through to the back end team to just get this thing resolved?

At the moment, the way I have been treated means I will likely leave rather than stay and give O2 any more of my money!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9259 Posts
  • 215 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

If you have complained @AnnoyedAndTired, escalating your complaint to the Ombudsman is a next step :- 

Customer+Complaints+code+250924+V0.2.comp.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/3782743/Customer+Complaints+code+250924+V0.2.comp.pdf

In particular :-

What happens next?
If you’re not happy after we’ve responded to your complaint, or if your complaint isn’t resolved after eight weeks, you may wish to refer your complaint to an Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is a free service, which will independently review your complaint. They investigate complaints fairly by listening to both sides of the story and looking at the facts. Their decision is binding on O2, but not on you as a customer.

Hence, you either need a letter of deadlock - a "final position letter" as O2 refer to it - or eight weeks to have elapsed before you can escalate. 👍     

Message 2 of 2