cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ripped off customer

Anonymous
Not applicable
I took out a 24 month contract in October 2011. The handset I chose was a Samsung Galaxy Ace. This has to be the biggest mistake l have ever made. The handset will not hold its charge any longer than an hour. Thus making it useless as I have to keep it plugged in to the mains in order to use it.
At the end ofnmyntether I called O2 tonight to see what could be done. These we're the options I was given after being asked why I had not insured the phone.
1. Pay £91.00 to upgrade my handset early.
2. Go and buy a new battery at my own expense.

Needless to say I was not impressed with this and it is now my intention to contact my local Trading Standard office as well as my solicitor to see what legal remedies are open to me.

I am of the opinion that if I were to not pay my monthy charge then I would be in breach of contract. Therefore if the provider of my service supplies me with a handset that does not last the contract period of 24 months and they refuse to supply me with a servicable handset that I can use the service that I am paying for then they to would be in breach of contract.

Let us see what happens.
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very true but then that is an Iphone wink

Message 11 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146702 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
The poor humble battery gets wrongly blamed for lots of phone issues... They do fail, but not all that often. Usually they fail due to over charging and if you place them on a flat surface they will spin round easily as the case bulges out ever so slightly. Only possible to test this on phones with removable batteries though wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
The poor humble battery gets wrongly blamed for lots of phone issues... They do fail, but not all that often. Usually they fail due to over charging and if you place them on a flat surface they will spin round easily as the case bulges out ever so slightly. Only possible to test this on phones with removable batteries though wink

You got me there wink 

Message 13 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

ever wondered how long a duracell battery powered phone would lastSmiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you could bunny for Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As long as you could bunny for Smiley Very Happy

be plenty of broken phones & complaints thenSmiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 37

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

ever wondered how long a duracell battery powered phone would lastSmiley Very Happy

In a call a couple of hours, I used to have one.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 17 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In a call a couple of hours, I used to have one.

what phone was it

Message 18 of 37

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

A Motorola Personal, it had no screen and came with a rechargeable power pack and I bought a battery pack which I think took 4 or 6 AA batteries, I got it in 1993.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146702 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

About 15 years http://www.gizmag.com/spareone-aa-battery-phone/21134/ wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 20 of 37