cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recontracted without permission

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently I had asked o2 via webchat to change my number as I was receiving far too many spam calls. I had also asked for a replacement SIM card at the same time as my phone had went in for repairs and I was using a replacement aswell

I originally took my contract out in october 2015 and it was a 24month contract so I was looking forward to upgrade soon

I received my SIM card and change of number but noticed the SIM card said business pay monthly sim. I questioned this with o2 and they assured me it was the correct sim card and my number had been changed. I specifically asked them to assure me that this did not recontract me and they said " a change of number is not a recontract or upgrade"

Fast forward to now and I am fighting with o2 as I logged into the my o2 app to see that my earliest upgrade had changed to April 2019 ( it used to say november 2017) 

I was assured that it was a glitch in the system for changing my number and to give it 48 hours to "fix" itself. I did as the agent asked and still no change. 

I raised a complaint to be told "The number (new) ********** was taken out as a new line on 17/07/2017 this is why your upgrade date has changed to the year 2019. The other (old) number ******* has now been closed as you migrated the new number over the account *****(which was my old number)"

So in my eyes, when I asked for a change in number the agent has cancelled my old number off and opened a new line up for me and has therefore recontracted me without my permission.

I have informed o2 that I am legalled allowed to end this contract with no held to term charges as I did not give permission to be recontracted and that anytime a recontract is done there are terms and conditions that have to be read to the buyer and that we the buyers have to verbally confirm that we wish to go ahead. This did not happen 

Can someone please advise as this seems to be going nowhere

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Yes....keep us updated please @Anonymous ....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 21

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully this helps you guys in understanding what is going on! any more questions please ask! i will be happy to update slight_smile 

To be honest, not many people understand what is going on in O2 at the moment....Confused

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 12 of 21

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully this helps you guys in understanding what is going on! any more questions please ask! i will be happy to update slight_smile 

To be honest, not many people understand what is going on in O2 at the moment....Confused

This is a fact..... 

Good luck with this @Anonymous

Message 13 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got a response from o2 to say

" your contract has been changed to Sept 2017. I have made this early for you as a good will gesture from o2 due to an error on our behalf. I will now close your complaint as no further action will be taken"

Are they serious?

Message 14 of 21

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
That's good isn't it?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 21

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie @MI5 @Cleoriff @Marjo

So due to the countless issues faced with o2, I gave o2 a response which included what I as a customer wanted to happen. I wanted them to first credit the bill which included the overcharging of the extra data bolt ons which was proved that I did not select these, and to also allow me to upgrade early or cancel with no held to term as they had recontracted me without my permission

After 2 weeks of going back and forth with Agents from the complaints department who ignored my messages then when decided to reply did so in foul manner. Countless phone calls being promised call backs which didnt happen. Being called a liar by o2 agents even though proof was provided. I was told by a complaints agent " I have credited £60 for the mistakes that I myself as an agent have made but will not refer back to your previous case" " I have also made sure your contract date states September 2017"

So I get back onto o2 webchat for them to confirm the above that this o2 complaints agent had promised. suprise suprise - she didnt do this at all. 

Therefore I took it upon myself yesterday to type a very detailed email including every webchat, email and reference numbers for telephone calls to the Director of O2 and assured him that the above request was not unreasonable. 

I got a response in a matter of hours. The quickest response I had ever received. 

I received the following below 

Dear Eileen

After reading what has been going on in your account, I believe that your complaint should be upheld. The outstanding balane has been wavied/credited and your contract end date is now 9 September 2017. You will have to wait until your next bill date in order to see the credit and once it has been cleared you will be able to upgrade or cancel your account with no held to term charges.

etc etc etc

It is a pitty, that the previous complaints team could not do what this young lady did today, and this would have saved alot of annoyance and frustration

So I hope thats all left to say is Case Closed. 

Message 17 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Peaased to hear you got satisfaction at last @Anonymouswink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 21

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Really pleased to hear that you got the result you wanted @Anonymous! smile

Edit: we posted at the exact same time @MercedesS laughing

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 21

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, glad to hear it is all fixed and that fast! thumbsup 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 20 of 21