Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appaling Customer Services

DJCF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone else agree that O2 Customer services are the worst of any company? Near 7 weeks have now passed since first raising my complaints via phone calls and emails and all they do is close the calls without making any contact and providing an update. O2 Fraudently obtained my banking and card details when i raised an issue over the O2 app and was told the only way to fix it was to set up a dircet debit, something i repeatedly said i dont want, but despite this they insited they need my details to issue a sim that would work with my number and it was O2 policy to do this and that all details would be removed after the call and a new sim issued. This was a total lie and dsubsequent txts followed confirming a direct debit had been set up, something i 100% never agreed to and have since spent may hours on the phone trying to resolve and sent many emails only to be ignored. In my view this is theft as 02 had sent a DD mandate to my bank without my permission and are now unwilling to discuss. 7 weeks on still no one will contact me, absolutely shocking and shows O2 are putting profit before people and are willing to steal peoples personell details to get that profit and award shareholder diveneds. Totally disgusting and the board should be sacked and bonus payments made to be paid back. I have repeatedly told them to listen to the calls so they coould see first hand what happened, but obviously they havent.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23944 Posts
  • 1044 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@DJCF The way to make a formal complaint is set out here: How to Complain | Help | O2

We have been given to understand that the average wait time for a reply is eight weeks.

Setting up a Direct Debit is a good way to avoid problems with your bill payments as it takes away having to remember to pay, which everyone on contract has to do. It's your choice not to have one set up, but there really isn't a logical reason not to. Many other utilities demand it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11406 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3154 Solutions

@DJCF 

It is taking 8 weeks for complaints so depending on when you emailed the complaints team is when that date is from..
Unfortunately, o2 seemed to have inherited a lot of the poor CS traits from Virgin Media…  and they are talking BS

I would just cancel the Direct Debit Mandate with your bank, you don’t need or want it, as long as your bills are paid on time it makes no difference.. I did this when o2 created lots of DD’s when they migrated me to the new billing platform

I would send a polite chaser to the complaint review email and hopefully someone will pick it up.. 

Let us know how you get on..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 12

DJCF
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I dont want a DD, dont need one. Simple pay as you go account which I've had for over 15 years, never asked for a DD so one shouldnt have been set up and O2 should never have requested bank and card details. I've chased via email for weeks as i want my banking details removed as they should never have been taken and they should at least have the decency to respond. Been told i would receive a reso9nse in 5 and 7 working days and the only response i get via email is to say they have clsoed the complaint, It it takes up to 8 weeks they should say that, instead they are in breach of all theit own SLA's which just sum up how bad they are.

Message 4 of 12

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7808 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Reading between the lines here is this a PAYG account? Are you now paying a recuring card payment rather than a direct debit.

Sounds like you make have been moved onto either Rolling or Big Bundle plan

Traditional PAYG is pretty much a dead duck and this is how things roll.

Best calling 4445 and asking what plan you are on

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11406 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3154 Solutions

If it is a Direct Debit it sounds like it has been moved to a Pay Monthly account via the usual mis-selling by the PH call centre…  and a typical VM sales tactic. 😥

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 6 of 12

Windybuffs
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I first raised my complaint with O2 on 8th July, using their email address complaintreviewservice@o2.com. Despite chasing a few times, zero response. So I decided to log the same complaint via the Resolver website, so that I can follow the process and complain to the Ombudsman (only a few more weeks to go). I suggest it may be worth your while doing that too. Mind you, they haven't responded via Resolver either, but I have chased a few times, so this will be part of the evidence when I raise it with the Ombudsman. Good luck!

Message 7 of 12

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38260 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

BTW: competitors to O2 have a similar rep, @DJCF 

This from Twitter yesterday:

1000025082.jpg

So much for healthy competition 🤦

Message 8 of 12

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9075 Posts
  • 207 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@DJCF wrote:

Does anyone else agree that O2 Customer services are the worst of any company? 

In answer to that question and to echo @pgn's extract from the "X" (Twitter) feed of a different MNO, please see :-

Tesco Named Best UK Mobile Operator in Which? 2024 Survey - ISPreview UK

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2024/04/smarty-named-best-uk-mobile-operator-in-which-2024-sur...

Effectively, O2 are one of the three networks with an almost equal rating from Which? members, whilst the fourth UK network languishes at the bottom of the league table ! 👍 

Message 9 of 12

RunrigForever
Level 21: Regular
  • 2864 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to add my take on post @DJCF ..... without offence to you or anyone else intended.

If it is a matter of principle DJCF that you sooo darn angry with VM / O2 not being say like 'RONSEAL = It Does What It Says On The Can' ..... & ..... who wouldn't be in your situation ..... = ..... given your perseverance, then is it an option for you to ... ... ... 'Let The Matter Drop' considering all what the O2C (O2 Community) members above have said above in sharing their far more knowledgeable experiences in the 'World of Tech' ....... When contacting any CS I straightaway let them know I am Mentally & Physically Disabled & 'Will you please speak slowly to me = whilst also informing them I have an A4 pad & pen with me to scribble down notes of our conversation to be copied up later into my 'A5 Green 1cm thick IT book' which is kept by the laptop in my study.

In today's high-tech World we all have to look after ourselves.

I'm sure @DJCF you will have far more 21st century ideas than I have as a 'Permanent Tech Novice'

It would raise my already high blood pressure through the Stratosphere to be in your situation.

I have a VM / O2 store in the town ....... long time general manager is 'Fit for Purpose' ... & ... all staff are knowledgeable and regularly keep up-to-date with all things necessary.

Not the 1st time I've heard that TESCO re Tech are The Best.

Please do come back to us @DJCF ... & ... let us know how you get on.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 10 of 12