Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment failed now they passed my case to a debt collector agency

DeezNuts
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i made my last payment over the phone.apparently that failed and they sent my case to a debt collecting agency and there is nothing they can do anymore.

its not my fault their system failed to take payment.that agency is asking for some fees so i have to pay even more.

all i want is to pay my last bill to o2 and close the case for good.

is there any solution to this problem?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7084 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

O2 don't give a fig about negative reviews. The Internet is full of them.

Pay, and then get evidence together and seek legal advice.

Your credit record has already been trashed, don't make it worse at this stage

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 11 of 19

DeezNuts
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i dont know if i have the time or if i can afford legal advice

Message 12 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@DeezNuts 

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 19

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@DeezNuts 

You have already been told by @MI5 how to lodge a complaint. I suggest that you do that forthwith as it will not cost you anything.

Make an appointment with Citizens Advice, again as @MI5 has suggested.

You need to act quickly as this problem will not go away and could get very difficult for you.      

Message 14 of 19

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10570 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

@DeezNuts 

o2 are not legally allowed to send it straight to a DCA, they have rules they need to follow set in law., and they will have emailed you and sent you letters in the post to say the payment is outstanding. 

To be fair if the payment failed then the money is due, so no offence but I would just pay it and move on, life is too short for £80

Im not sure why everyone is telling you to seek legal advice, as that will be more money down the drain, and the CAB can be a long wait depending on where you live... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 15 of 19

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

Im not sure why everyone is telling you to seek legal advice, as that will be more money down the drain, and the CAB can be a long wait depending on where you live... 

Because @DeezNuts has indicated that they have no intention of paying.

Your statements are your personal opinion and not professional legal advice, so it's wise to speak to a qualified person about this too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 19

DeezNuts
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

in the letter that i got it said that my case was passed to a debt collector but if want to pay call 08009020217.

i did that yesterday but call centre said i cant pay...talking about proffesional staff am i right? :))

i dont have another choice but to pay

too much of a hassle for 80£.like i said i dont have the time or patience to go legal.

thank you for your advice

Message 17 of 19

MI5
  • 146708 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28245 Solutions

@DeezNuts 

You have called an O2 number. Your debt has been passed to either Lowell's or Moorcroft, so it should be them you are now calling to pay.

Message 18 of 19

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

You wrote :-

>> o2 are not legally allowed to send it straight to a DCA, they have rules they need to follow set in law., and they will have emailed you and sent you letters in the post to say the payment is outstanding. 

And, more importantly, there is legislation that the DCA should follow, although DCAs often seem to believe that the law does not actually apply to them.  

Message 19 of 19