Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ombudsman advice

KRB78
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone have experience with the ombudsman?  O2 have ignored my complaint, about their usage report , costing me a valid claim with my insurance company.
  The insurance lot say they will reopen it if o2 confirm the usage but they have gone silent.  I pointed out to them

in a detailed complaint, showing them that the evidence proves there must be a problem with it.

They have told me that there’s 3 phones linked with my o2 phone number and that they know the dates those phones were last and first used. They have no explanation why none of those devices were used (according to them) on dates that my phone bill from them recorded usage.
  Ombudsman will now be sent the details of this shambles, I hope for a quick settlement now as been waiting a long time already. Any idea how long this process takes?  Also is it worth writing a separate complaint about all the work I’m having to put in,  time is money and I’ve spent hundreds of hours on this due to their poor customer service!   

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38186 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Take a look here, @KRB78 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/I-was-an-o2-customer-and-then-discovered-that-I-h...

Search for Ombudsman in the search bar here on the forum, there was an excellent account of how the ombudsman helped in the last few weeks - highly recommended reading. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8900 Posts
  • 200 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@KRB78 

I would not do a separate complaint about the work that you have put in. That might confuse matters. 

Add that as a separate paragraph to the main complaint. 👍

Remember to keep it factual and try to find the balance between articulating your issues succinctly and going into enough detail. 

Message 3 of 5

KRB78
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I’ve had legal help with this too so it is pretty well written. I’m just amazed that they are so unhelpful, I can understand them not wanting to admit a serious flaw but they have no choice really, the evidence is there for anyone to see. I will give that link a read , cheers 

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8900 Posts
  • 200 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Please keep us informed of developments @KRB78 ! 👍

Message 5 of 5